This app adds support for RuuviTag Bluetooth Sensor
RuuviTag is an advanced open-source sensor beacon platform designed to fulfill the needs of business customers, developers, makers, students, and can even be used in your home and as part of your personal endeavours. See https://ruuvi.com/ fore more information.
This apps allows integration of RuuviTag (RAWv1 and RAWv2 format) in Homey, allowing to monitor :
- Battery (min and max voltage can be changed in device settings)
- Movement (RAWv2 only) - movement rate can be configured in device settings, and completely disabled
- Entering/leaving range : it can be used as a BLE beacon, triggering an event when the device enters or leaves the range. The number of attempts scan can be configured per device in device settings.
Scan duration (how long homey listens for BLE advertisment) and polling interval (how long between two scans) can be configured in app settings.
Feel free to donate to support the project !
Issues and requests
More functionalities will be added in next versions (support for Ruuvi Station, etc.). If you have any idea or request, please submit your ideas on github.
App is published, here are the links for the stable and the test version
Any idea whats the range homey detects the tag?
I did not do a proper range test. From one side of the house to the other, or from the garden I have no reception problem. I would say that the max distance is around 15m, may be more, but it depends on many factors (noise,wall, etc.).
Ruuvi has a FAQ about range : https://github.com/ruuvi/ruuvitag_fw/wiki/FAQ:-range:-Bluetooth
App was validated, I updated the first post with the links
Where would I find this. Thanks
You have to allow public access in the app settings (default is private)
It’s in the app preferences. At the bottom right in homey main windows, choose the 3 dots. Then parameters, and at the bottom of the list you can see apps parameters.
If you choose Ruuvitag, you can enable it with the checkbox
Thanks, I found it. Now, where would I change the settings for the station?
On your device ; for example if you use Ruuvi Station :
in gateway settings, use :
- http://<your_ip>/api/app/com.thomashoussin.ruuvitag for local access only
- https://.connect.athom.com/api/app/com.thomashoussin.ruuvitag (cloudId can be found on Homey Developer)
I’m using Ruuvi Station on iOS. I got only App Settings, and Sensor Settings but no Gateway Settings. Am I just blind or looking at the wrong place?
It’s on the main window, the three lines on the top left (NOT the sensor settings), where you can setup background scanning, etc.
not sure this is in the released iOS app yet – at least I can’t find it. (maybe in the beta version)
I had to change how it works with SDKv3 ; in new version the option is gone, gateway is public by default.
The app also allows Homey to act as a Ruuvi Station gateway.
- Before v0.2 : You have to allow public access in the app settings (default is private) ;
- In v0.2 : gateway is public by default ; due to changes in SDKv3, access is public and cannot be changed.
@Ethaniael I obeserved the movement alarm is triggered erratically in Homey. Even if there are none (I checked) I get 10 or more in a row. Not sure where these artefacts are coming from