[APP][Pro] Zehnder ComfoConnect

@Dries can you please try adding the device again, and if that fails, please manually submit the diagnostic reports (you can do that in app settings) and please pass over the generated ID.

1 Like

I’ve made a few minor improvements around connection handling. They are available on the testing track in Homey here: Zehnder ComfoConnect | Homey

You can also try using this version to check if it solves the problem

Hi, just tried with the experimental version. I’m receiving the same message as before.

Hello,

I’m also getting the same error with experimental.
Diagnostic: e17d4398-e29c-4511-aca5-4710f007b913

Thanks for your reply and help!

Alright, should be fixed now (v1.3.2): Zehnder ComfoConnect | Homey
Please let me know if that works

He @kpr
Is this maybe possible?

Perfect! I was able to successfully add the ComfoConnect to Homey! Wonderful!

Thank you very much for making this app. I just installed the Comfconnect and updated it to the latest firmwar, but when i want add the device to Homey it messages that a decice has been found and can be selected from the list, but the list is empty with the message “Cannot read property ‘name’ of null”. Thanks for your help!

I also get the message cannot read propperties of null (reading ‘name’)
Could someone help me connect the Lan C to homey?

Please double check if the IP address and device PIN (default: 0000) is properly set in app settings.

1 Like

@kpr
First of all it is a fantastic app and use it every day. Very grateful for that.
I only miss 2 functions of the comfoair in the app.
Is it maybe possible to add the bypass en boost function in the app?

Hey! I’ve spent some time today and added a few missing pieces:

• ability to control boost from main screen
  • ability to see and react to current bypass state (%)
  • ability to see and react to current fan speed
  • ability to react to current fan duty levels
  • show information about next scheduled fan speed change (ie. when boost is enabled or there’s an active schedule).

All this was added in v1.4.0, which can be currently picked up for testing at Zehnder ComfoConnect | Homey

Please let me know if you see any issues. I’ll let it sit on test for some time before I rollout to everyone.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you very much for sorting this out so quickly.
Is it true that I cannot yet send the bypass from homey from a flow?
I now only see the option in the device settings menu.

Can I also buy you a beer? :beers:

OK, I see what you mean. Until now the bypass could have been controlled only manually from the app’s advanced settings. In v1.4.4 I’ve added the option to set bypass mode to auto/activated/deactivated from flows. Please give it a go and let me know if it works.

1 Like

I took the time to check the complete app and also compare it with the working of the Zehnder app.
I have found a number of points and noted them below.

1. Works great, responds immediately. Only the time is missing some options, 0:40, 0:50, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, 12:00, 24:00.
  2. The current bypass state is double. 1 of the 2 values is not updated. highlighted in the screenshot.
  3. The current fan speed
  4. The current supply fan duty level are now in it several times. 2 values does not update. highlighted in the screenshot.
  5. Works fine. Wanneer er geen boost of bypass is geeft hij een waarde aan van 1193046h…… highlighted in the screenshot. Maybe you can add something to the code here, above xx number of hours it will display – .

When I check the “DAN” flow cards, there are a few things missing compared to the Zehnder app.
• The “Change by-pass mode to” card, Add a 2nd option in the card for the time 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 6:00, 12:00, 24:00.
• The “Set ventilation fan speed to” card, Add a 2nd option in the card for the time 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 6:00, 12:00, 24:00 and Continuous.
• The “Set ventilation mode to” card, Add a 2nd option in the card for the time 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 6:00, 12:00, 24:00 and Continuous.

I hope I was able to help you with this for the development of the app. I am very happy with the time you put into the app, it is very appreciated.

Ad 1. The driver used by the app doesn’t allow to set boost mode for periods longer than 30 minutes. This can be probably solved by creating a custom flow that will ensure the boost is reenabled after specified time to achieve longer boosts.
Ad 2. This will happen only for devices that were set up using an older version of the app. The old readings are deprecated, but will still display. If you want to get rid of these, you’d have to delete the ComfoLan device and pair it again (but please be aware that this will require recreating existing flows)
Ad 4. Same as above. If you repair the device, this will solve this.
Ad 5. If it’s possible, please submit a diagnostic report - I need to take a look at the data received by the driver to understand why this happens.

For the other suggestions to set the specific time when the change is applied - this is unfortunately not possible directly in the driver, but can be usually worked around by creating appropriate flows (ex. so the mode is changed back after a delay specified in the flow)

1 Like