[APP][Pro] Widgetkeeper - extra dashboard widgets

Ha, indeed power values (W). I just tried now with temperature and indeed that works fine..

Excellent - then there’s a fix in the next version :blush:

How about this?

Pressing the three dots opens a pane where you can start device actions or flows (configured in widget options with custom names).

You can also change speaker.



Oh man!
That looks awesome!!!

Thanks for identifying some settings I hadn’t discovered. I’m now using the ‘Quick action’ button. It’s a bit odd the icon is a blind when the device class is curtain, but…

For some reason the action button in the web interface shows open and closed (filled in) icons, but the phone app simply changes colour. The on/off page shows the state in the same way as the web app tile, in both the web and phone apps - for me that matches the curtain state.

I’m unsure what effect ‘Invert open/closed position has’. Mine are all set to ‘No’, but when in the 0% position the phone app shows the icon in blue - just like it does for you even though you have inverted the position. It might be interesting to know if the web app is showing the open/closed state the same way it does for me.

Anyhow, I guess that all makes the point that - without any other indication - position %age is insufficient to determine open/closed state.

Thanks again.

Andy

No - it’s Homey’s Logic variables widget and I don’t see any option to display them 2 cols wide.

A little off topic :blush:.

I made a comparison between the reported positions and icon colors and icons themselves (for the quick action and on/off button) between the mobile and web apps. There are various inconsistencies…

I reached out to Athom support on this matter. Lets see what they have to say.

For that purpose I created the below overview that shows the expected and actual UI behavior, based on an inverted curtain position. It’s in Dutch, but I hope you’ll get the message when translating it through Google Lens or comparable tool.

I also asked them whether the blinds icon is the default one for any kind of window coverings, or that we should see a specific icon for curtains. I assume the former.

Sure, but it’s clear the widget needs to either have some flexibility, or use a generic open that works for any use of ‘position’.

Andy

Previews of two of the new widgets. Feedback welcomed :blush:

Stack:
stack

Media:
media

Homeys native widget? I have nothing to do with those :blush:

Great, a really nice widget. Homey could learn a thing or two from this. The only thing I notice is that I can’t get my cameras to show up in the small view; instead of a snapshot, I get a “No snapshot” message and just see the camera’s name.

These are Aqara webcams. When I click on them to enlarge the view, I do see the live feed.

**
** I’ll do some more testing on Monday ****

Thanks for the kind words :blush:

Does the device have a Snapshot like this?

No, I have to maken a screen shot for you. One moment :blush:

So, the thumbnail doesn’t show the picture from the cam (it is what you see on my picture), but I do get a live feed (when I click on it).

This is what I see

And this is what I see when I select four cameras to display. I don’t see a snapshot, but when I click on them, I do see a live feed.

(Oh right, the camera’s name is actually displayed in the bottom left corner; I’ve removed it for now.)

But is there a Snapshot available on the camera device in the Devices section on Homey? The widget requires that to be able to display it. It doesn’t create snapshots itself.

Looks pretty good!

Yes, I see a snapshot on the camera device in the devices section on Homey.

I’m using the camera widget with some of my ReoLink cameras, and it is working perfectly… I’m intrigued to try figure out why it works for some but not others

Ok, weird. Could you open the Widgetkeeper app settings and go to the diagnostic settings and copy what’s in there and send it to me in a PM (if you feel comfortable sharing that)?

This has been part of the goal since starting - being able to also run dashboards fully in a browser, hosted by your Homey. So far it’s working great - will probably include it in the next version (0.9.0).

Certification of 0.8.0 is still awaiting Athom. It can take quite a bit since the requirement for personal API keys were added for some widgets.