[APP][Pro] Widgetkeeper - extra dashboard widgets

Awesomesauce… I’m guessing the final version will have Unlock actions too, like the current one… but the colours are great, makes it a lot easier to identify which ones need attention.

Keep up the great work… these widgets are fast becoming the best and most useful on Homey, outstanding!

How about something like this:

Tap the tile to start opening or closing - change direction with the button top right (of course it changes so it can only open when fully closed, etc.)

For which widget do you mean? :slight_smile:

The logic widget

Couple of things to consider:

  1. I have Switchbot curtains and position 0% is open, 100% is closed. Homey just reports position, not whether the curtains are open or closed. My guess is that different manufacturers interpret position differently.
  2. Some of my curtains never report 0% or 100%, but 1% and 99% instead.

If I got that right, you could replace the open/close button with a right arrow if position >= 50% otherwise a left arrow - or indeed both left and right buttons.

Alternatively, you could keep the suggested graphic (which is really nice) but provide an option to invert open and closed positions (but provide some tolerance for detecting fully open and closed positions).

I hope that helps.

Andy

Yes, that looks good!
Although, perhaps the words Open en Close beneath the device naam could be removed to save space?

Yes, this is why Athom removed the Close/Open buttons :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
With Forest curtains, you can set this as a property in the device.

I’ve made it like this:

The “Open, Closing…” text can be removed as an option.

Also the widget considers 5%/95% as open/close - and you can invert the range.

Let’s see how that works when you get your hands on it :slight_smile:

Very nice!

Do you mean “Flow variables”? That widget already have an option to show either one or two columns.

Sounds like a bug. I’ll look into it.

I also have some Switchbot Curtain 3 drivers and they allow you to invert the open/close positions in Homey (via the device tile’s advanced settings). I am actually using that option. So that 100% equals open and 0% equals closed, like the curtain drivers I have from Aqara.

Also in my case Homey does report the open/close state of the Switchbot curtain drivers (circled in red) via the quick action action and as a button on the on/off tab. But it does not do so for my Aqara drivers (it is missing the required capability).

Honestly much of this seems to be an integration issue, and not so much a visualization issue (which the widgets mainly solve). I’m not sure a new widget really solves the underlying issues. If you have any indication otherwise, I’ll gladly have a look at it :slight_smile:

Yes, after switching the default widget to the Sonos Local API device, a lot works better.

Well, changing volume still works badly and i really miss a mute button :sweat_smile:
But perhaps its better to ask Athom to add a mute button. Should kinda be part of the default widget i guess. :wink:

Hi Thomas @ThomasRS

Firstly, outstanding my good sir :saluting_face: absolutely loving these widgets.

I do realise I am being incredibly nit picky here, but would it be possible to make the colour hues the same on the tiles? The Per Cent fill colour is a brighter nicer hue than the user Flow settable one… and the icon stays white the same as the text, but in the Flow changeable one it changes to colour. The white on the brighter colour I think looks better.

For sure! That sticks out like a sore thumb when you see it. I’ll fix it :slight_smile:

Thank you :smiley:

I hate to be “that guy”, but I agree with @SunBeech on being able to assign custom labels… My Homey WAN AVD (using Device Capabilities app, and the FAST Speed Test app) is a good example. It has multiple data points, so I had to add the up and down arrow characters to the end of the Unit to be able to tell them apart. But my NAS disk volumes of UserData & Multimedia are indistinguishable due to the way the QNAP app on Homey labels them with hostname : volume number : volume name, the name of the disk volume is lost a long way off the end.

Being able to specify a custom label would solve these issues. Perhaps in the widget settings an additional line under each Tile device selection of Tile Label?

Great widgets! I see that the sparklines build up if the page is showing, but if I switch pages and come back then it starts empty again…

Sure - I’ll add that :blush:

What kind of device and capability is this for? All or a specific one? I’ve identified a bug that causes this behavior for energy reporting devices.