[APP][Pro] Volvo on Call - Connected technology that makes your life easier

Tack Richard,

I wouldn’t know how to do that :slight_smile:
But okay understand what the reason is. Too bad and i will have to figure out a different way to get what i need.

I took the effort and upgraded the app to SDK 3, there is a new test version.

As before, no support for the model year 2022 or later.
There is still no API out there that I’m aware of. Confirmed by the fact that for instance Tibber also lacks support for these newer cars.

Don’t want to hijack this about Polestar, but I noticed guys on Home Assistant are getting closer.

On the Volvo portal there is an api specific for Electrical cars from 2022: Overview – Energy API – APIs | Volvo Cars Developer Portal

I am testing some of the api’s

3 Likes

Tibber released an API for the 2022> Volvo Cars.

Link? I dont see it in my Tibber app. Still says they dont support cars with android auto.

It finds my XC60 2022 Recharge and also my old XC60 D4 2015 no battery so it says empty.

Ok, I turned on Labs and can see it as well.
Seem to be using the API @Ronald_Doelen linked to earlier - since only thing Tibber do in this powerup is show the battery state of charge. And of course, use the SoC when you have a connected charger like Easee or Zaptec.

Let’s see when I get bored if I create a new app and try this out. Would be read-only until they build out the API and very limited in general.

Is it possible that Volvo started to release the api for newer BEV models?

Hello

I have a problem with when I try to lock or unlock the car it says missing capability listener : locked. the car doesn’t lock either if I try to do it via flow.

Volvo xc60 2017 model

Markus

True, I forgot about it again - noticed the same myself. The new HP23 firmware no longer allows to override built-in capabilities like locked which I do here. Please try out the new test version.

Verkar funka nu :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi,

Trying to add a new VOC device but when trying to pair/log in using my Volvo id, I get a popup with the text “Ett okänt fel har inträffat [unknown_error]”. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Johan

Not really. Tried to add a car on my Homey and ran the few tests I have and it worked in both places.
Same error during multiple retries? Tried to restart the app? Do you have a supported car, ie not equipped with Android auto.

Hi all,

Quick question. Is the C40 already available for Volvo on call? I tried to add my car but it doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks in advance!

As stated in a few places this app only works with models that doesn’t come with Android Auto.
There are no APIs (other than reading energy related information) available for the Android Auto based cars.

So, using the auth token that appeared in the home assistant Volvo addon I have added a new device type named Connected Vehicle to the latest test version.

To add a new Connected vehicle device you need to register at the Volvo developer portal and create an app so you get hold of a VCC API key. Using this key you can make 10000 API calls per day to the Volvo APIs.

As per the home assistant addon they claim these APIs works on the Android auto cars as well, I have not been able to verify this myself since I don’t own such as car. Please comment here if it works with your Android auto car.

I’ve installed the app and added it to homey.
I can see the location of my Volvo, but not the battery status (it’s currently charging) for example

Rene

1 Like

Please send med a diagnostic report - then we can see if there are any errors in the log.
Also, what type of car do you have?