[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

If you delete the insight yourself, is it recreated by homey again?

I hadnā€™t even noticed that deleting an insight was even possibleā€¦

I deleted that particular insight from the (virtual) device, and then restarted the app. The insight did not reappear afterwards, but whether it may reappear after some time remains to be seen.

Thanks for replying. It sounds like a me problem then.
It started with 2 out off 5 VD. I deactivated all flows thinking it might be the problem, then uninstalled and reinstalled the VD app. Added 5 new VD. Then it accrued with all 5 VD turning on after restart. Probably a bug in my Homey.

@Arie_J_Godschalk Just discovering this app. Small wish :blush:

Would it be possible to show the uploaded icon in the same size as the standard icons?

Any chance to add a ā€œfanā€ or ā€œfan onlyā€ mode on this menu on the virtual thermostat ?
Was unable to find somewhere to add it myself.

would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

I have the exact same issue. It has been bugging me for a couple of weeks, but only now I had the time to look into it. Virtual devices which seem to be turned on, are failing flow cards ā€œdevice is onā€. Other virtual devices are turned off on restart or update of Homey.

Iā€™m not sure since when, but @Arie_J_Godschalk, do you have any idea to fix this?

Not sure what you mean with this?

Please take a look at Advanced Virtual Devices from the Device Capabilities app.
If its not available yet, you can requeat a custom picker/list.

picture says hopefully more than words :slight_smile:

Hi, I was starting to play around with this app and I was wondering if it might be possible to add custom subcapabilities to as well? For example Iā€™m currently trying to do a BLE presence detection with esphome and a webhook from homey and that works very well with virtual devices. But potentially I would need to create a bunch of homey devices for each phone/watch Iā€™m trying to track instead of being able to track all of them on separate subcapabiltiies, e.g. alarm_motion.phone_abc, alarm_motion.watch_xyz

Please see the Advanced Virtual Device from the Device Capabilities app.

1 Like

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like

Hey there,
I am using this for many cases, so first of all: thank you for your great work!

I was just wondering if it is possible to get a virtual device for an old CD-/Tape-Deck. So in many cases similar to a speaker, but with a Power-Switch. This would be extremely nice, because I could get things to be usable with homey, that are about 30 years old.

In my case I need to combine a smart plug for on/off-capabilities with infrared Pronto Hex commands for the control itself.

Thank you again for your work so far!

Hi @lukenukemmp3

:wink:

Hey @Peter_Kawa, thank you very much for your fast reply.

I am using the AVDs already, but I think there are usecases (like the one I mentioned) the would be much easier to use with this app.

But I am sorry, if I bothered anyone with my question. That was clearly not my intention. I just read the topic about creating your own IR-device and thought it could be a good workaround to do it with this app. But if it is not possible to implement (or maybe not worth the effort, which is totally fine), no problem.

I will have a deeper look into the AVDs for my usecase.

This app is totally awesome without this, no doubt.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 Likes

Asking questions is free!
I just think an AVD is what you need here. You can create a remote-like device, which can be turned on/off.
If you need any help creating things, just ask in the AVD topic, thanks!

2 Likes