[APP][Pro] Victron Energy

Hi
Any chance that the Carlo Gavazzi smart energy meter EM24-E1AV2X will be implemented ?

Br.: Claus

Hi, this is an old tread but hope I can still get some help.

Has anyone successfully interfaced Victron GX - Homey - Tibber ? Basically get the energy price from Tibber and control a Multiplus to charge the battery accordingly.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Ibrahin

Not sure what you mean. I would assume any Victron supported energy meter added to the Victron system would work already. Or do you mean to support this energy meter without connecting it to a Victron GX device?

I have the same setup myself but essentially controlled it manually. Maybe now with the new advanced flows, it would be easier to come up with something smart. Iā€™m eager to learn if there is something to add/change in the app to make it easier to build something like this.

I have no Victron GX device, have no idea what it is :wink:
I have only the metioned Carlo Gavazzi Meter with Modbus TCP/IP interface
I would like to use data from this to control when to start/stop my boiler and moreā€¦

Could this be possible?

Sorry, this app only works with a GX device.

There is a new test version which shows the power from a connected generator, and also the active input source (Grid/Generator/etc). Unfortunately, you have to delete the current GX device and add it again before you can see the new properties.

Will push to live later in the week.

What version does your gx device use? Currently running v2.87.
Can controll both relays but the energy monitor doesnā€™t seem to show the correct values:

Not using ess at the moment so that may be the problem?

Using lynx shunt connected via ve.can so the id for com.victronenergy.battery is the same as com.victronenergy.system (100)

Getting this error message in the app regarding ess under advanced settings:
ā€œError: Failed to read ā€˜ESS Minimum SoC (unless grid fails)ā€™ (2901) using unitld ā€˜100ā€™ (system)ā€

Can you try the test version and put com.victronenergy.battery as -1. Seems like there is a problem when system and battery use the same unitId.

I see now based on the error message you seem to be running the test version already?

That worked! Thank you very much :slight_smile:
Yes already on the test version

Hi,
currently doing research to build my own home battery with a Victron Multiplus (II) connected to a GX. However, despite the description of the actions and a similar question from Ibrahin it is still not 100% clear to me whether this suits my needs. So could someone please confirm, using this Victron Homey app, I will be able to control the:

1. (un)blocking of the feed-in to the grid when I want (I want to feed to the grid when prices are high)
  2. charging of the batteries from the grid when prices are low (and/or when insufficient solar power is generated)

Currently I am using the Power by the Hour app to read the prices and have several flows triggering based on this which works great.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi!

1. You can set feedin effect for Grid as a action, havent tested it myself though.
  2. No problem, this is exactly what I am doing.

/Kaj

Great, thank you for the confirmation.

In regards to #2, you manipulate the Victrons minimum SoC, and leave the GX battery setting for Optimized without battery life. That way, when Homey sees that the price is cheap set the SoC up to 100% or what you like and the MultiPlus/Quattro et al will start charging up to that SoC goal.

/Kaj

Thank you @KajLehtinen for these insights.

Hi,

I have still problem to connect. I have Cerbo GX, Modbus/TCP ā†’ Available, I know IP address, port is 502, vebus 227, battery 225. Then when i click on connect it says couldnĀ“t connect. Anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Thank you

If Modbus is enabled, then I think only the network from Homey ā†’ Cerbo could be the problem.

Hi.
I have a Phoenix inverter rather than a MultiPlus, so I seem to be missing the vebus id. Is there any options to get the app connected without that please? I currently only need to read out the battery status to switch off and on a Philips hue socket.

1 Like

Not a Victron expert Iā€™m afraid. Donā€™t know if anyone else can chip in on this topic :man_shrugging:

I am figuring out a system with Homey that is reliable as a EMS. At home is my first test setup and looking for high stability. If this works fine I will integrate this in all my businesses. As so far everything is working as plannedā€¦ but. In the Victron app on Homey I can connect with de root login. As for stability, the root password is changed every update (stable version) on the Cerbo GX. Enabling auto update on the Cerbo GX, will reset the Root password and brake the connection between Homey en Victron, losing the management feature what can potentially be bad for the setup. Installing a Public SSH key on the Cerbo GX wil solve this problem.

See info from Victron

Installing ssh keys
Using a ssh key for authentication, instead of a root password, has the advantage that it isnā€™t lost during a firmware update. The keys are stored on the /data partition.

Source: Venus OS: Root Access [Victron Energy]

@Richard_B
1- is it possible to connect the Victron app on the Homey with the installed public ssh key on the Cerbo GX?
2- if yes, can you tel us witch credentials to use and where in the Victron app on Homey.
3- if not, can you add this feature to your app?

Currently, ssh access is only used for charging schedules, nothing else. But I understand and have the problem myself. Iā€™ll look into key authentication.