[APP][Pro] UnZ-Cure (add z-wave devices unsecure)

Some time ago I suffered the expected rejection from the official Homey App Store on the grounds that unsecure Z-wave adding is already possible with the 00000 pin (which doesn’t help if a pin is not required), combined with the statement “if there are issues with unsecure adding, we should contact support” (Please do, and good luck with that :wink: ).

The upside is, now the app will get pretty pictures and icons in the Community app store soon. :slight_smile:

I also tested UnZ-cure against the 7.4.0 firmware, but no changes were needed. So unless you really like the new app icon there’s not much need to update.

5 Likes

I now only register my devices via your app ! Very good work !

1 Like

I have added a Z-wave dimmer through your app and it seems to work fine, at least today.

But in Homey, the device still says it’s secure.
Does it mean it was not added unsecure?

Secure = secure
Secure (x) = unsecure.

I think it would be secure(✓) for secure devices.

Or this way for S2 devices:
grafik

Remembers me to re-add this one device with UnZ-Cure, too :slight_smile:

I have 2 dimmers. The top is added through the Namron app directly, the one at the bottom through this app. Both has the Secure (x).

Then these devices are added unsecure by the app. Perhaps the devices don’t support secure mode.

The different options are:

Unsecure:

• Secure (x)

Secure:

• Secure (S0)
  • Secure (S2 (Unauthenticated)) (no 5# DSK code)
  • Secure (S2 (Authenticated)) (with 5# DSK code)
1 Like

There are multiple reasons Homey will add Z-Wave devices unsecure since firmware V7:

1. The device does not support secure
  2. The device only supports S0 security (Homey no longers adds this secure by default)
  3. The device asked for a pin and you entered 00000
  4. Adding it though UnZ-Cure, which instructs Homey to ignore S2

And as stated above, Homey shows unsecure as Secure (x), which is confusing to say the least. For some x means no, for other it is meant as a checkmark.

1 Like

I have a Sunricher SR-ZV9101FA-CCT (Producer ID: 816, ProductType ID: 512, Product ID: 53250)
I have both the Namron app and the Sunricher/Homey_EasyLighting app installed. I prefere to use the EasyLighting app, but when associated through UnZ-Cure it chooses Namron 4512743 Z-Wave LED Controller. Can I force UnZ-Cure in any way to prefere the Homey_EasyLighting app?

You can temporarely disable the App that you don’t want to be used, during the include process.

1 Like

Thanks. That worked.
Yeah, I feel a little embarrassed now :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Edwin_D

Are you planning to make this app compatible with the Homey pro 2023?
The app installs but its not showing up in the add device page.

Sorry to hear all is not well for Homey Pro, it was built with SDK3 so it should have worked out of the box. Unfortunately I no longer own a working Homey at all that enables me to test, so I transferred the ownership of the app to TedTolboom. Hopefully he can shed some light EDIT - oops, that was another app, not this one.

1 Like

You didn’t transfer this particular app… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oops, didn’t look which app it was… Assumptions… There’s nothing to transfer either as the app never got approved. But the problem remains I cannot do anything anymore, I do not own a Homey anymore, let alone a Homey Pro 2023.

My code is public, the only thing it does is add a property to a fake z-wave device. I used the wizard to create a base implementation and set the property. Nothing more, nothing less. My guess is Homey now figures that the fake z-wave device is missing some required implementation. Repeating the process may fix it, but Unfortunately I cannot. The code is linked in the top post, the property I added is:

“security”: [“none”]

Maybe some-one else owning a Pro 2023 can try it, or add the property to any other real z-wave device that does not implement security, thereby effectively creating a new “Walli”. Who knows, if the device is real, it might even get through the approval process as long as you don’t tell why it was changed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm :face_with_raised_eyebrow: i tried to add the property to another app that is running ok on the new homey and every time i install the app the lines get deleted… ?!

you are probably editing app.json directly, but you (most likely) need to edit the composing file that needs editing as it composes (merges) into the app.json:
/drivers/[DRIVER ID]/driver.compose.json

2 Likes

Yes! that did the trick, i can indeed add unsecure devices this way :smiley:

Thanks both @Caseda & @Edwin_D

2 Likes

Will this app be available for HP23? :slight_smile:

1 Like