[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Network

Local users should be possible without 2FA I think.
And it’s better to use a readonly user for automations/app access.

2 Likes

Local accounts does not have 2FA support, only cloud accounts. Our integration are using local accounts so 2FA is not needed for now.

1 Like

I can’t create local users on my UDM SE. I don’t think that’s possible anymore?

1. Sign into UDM Pro locally ( internal ip)
  2. Click the 9 dots in the top right corner, and select “Unifi OS”.
  3. On the left side, click “Admins”.
  4. Click “Add New Admin”.
  5. Disable the “Allow Remote Access” checkbox.
  6. You should have seen the email address box switch to username and password boxes. Enter the local credentials and press the “Add” button.
1 Like

Thanks!!!

And did it work ?

Yes, it works as described above. :grinning:

Hi! Is there any way to use this (or another) app to detect the upstream/downstream throughput in kbps of a particular device?

I have a device that i need to reconnect every once and a while, it would be nice to solve it with a reconnect-command from homey.

Is there a solution / method / script to accomplish that?

( i see such a method in this php-script client.php )

I have managed to get the message “credentials are valid” in the settings page. But when I try to add a device I get an 401 error message.

I have tried to change the permissions for the local Homey user from viewer to full management and site admin and tried the latest test version of the app. But still get 401 when trying to add a device.

The password for the user is long and strong (auto generated by a password manager), saw from the history here that that might cause problems.

Any ideas what might be the issue?

Ok, will reply to myself.

After restarting the app a bunch of times I finally managed to get it to list devices.
After some restarts I got an error when trying to view the list of site ID’s. So something was buggy.

For info, I ended up using the non-test version of the app and only having viewer permissions on my local user.