[APP][Pro] TP-Link Smart Devices KASA - central topic

The Atom app also seems to be broken. I managed to add my my HS110 but it displays only power usage, no other details while in the past it dit. My LB130 I cannot add since it doesn’t detect it, while in HA everything seems to work.

Pitty reaction from them are so slow. I see more and more apps dying because of no decent support.

Is anyone actually willing to take over this app ?

The cloud version from Athom is really limited, at least based on HS100 and HS110 - it shows only Watts, nothing more and also relies on cloud reachability, which isn’t good for key workloads but still is great because of options for internal timings.

The previous dev. has no issue on transferring this app - Will it be SDKv3 compatible. · Issue #14 · abaretta/nu.baretta.tplink · GitHub

@Pieter_Pessers may I ask you, based on the GitHUB, you were asking someone to take over this app ?

Sadly enough, no! I read somewhere that a developer was taking over many apps that where not supported anymore by previous developers. But he took on so many, that it almost must become a real job for him. So i don’t think he is intrested in a other one. So i placed a request for this app here.

For me i had 4 TP-link powerplugs (1 HS-100, 3 HS-110). I installed the official athom TP-link Kassa Smart for the HS-100 and replaced the HS-110’s with the “homewizard wifi energy socket”. This energy sochet has a readout every 5 seconds, instead of a readout every 1 minute or more with the HS-110 and the athom official app.

1 Like

@spkesDE , don’t you want to take this one at least for rewrite ? The code seems to be trivial ;-))))
I wish I would be able to do that but already got stuck on first error when changing the SDK version… :wink:
I will buy you a coffee :wink:

Or at least giving us some guidance, maybe rewrite of one driver and then we can maybe do the others ? Eg. best would be HS110 … nu.baretta.tplink/drivers/hs110 at master · abaretta/nu.baretta.tplink · GitHub

From long time perspective, there is opportunity for TAPO integration but not sure how far it went…

Thank you, for literally any, reaction.

Well, not knowing what I’m doing (I’m not joking), it seems that HS110 works for me now with “SDK3”. Let’s see how bad it is, but if someone is desperate and using HS110, might be working as well.

Apologies to all developers.

That’s how you learn it :slight_smile:

Just try it; if it’s not working, try again :slight_smile: It’s not magic.

The code may be trivial, but it still takes a lot of work to change everything to SDK 3. Also, I hate to use JavaScript…
Sorry for the late answer, I currently sitting home with pneumonia :tada:

1 Like

Ou, take care, get well soon !

Can you maybe point me in the right direction to get my TP link HS110’s working on my new homey pro 2023?
It is the only thing currently that I cannot get to work.

Download this - https://github.com/shaarkys/nu.baretta.tplink/archive/refs/heads/master.zip - extract and install following the CLI install guide - [HOW TO] CLI install method.

Beware that only HS110 works, the rest is broken.

1 Like

The official app does not support the KL120 lightbulb and this app does, but I have a Homey Pro '23 which is not compatible with this app.

Is there a version of this app I could run that supports the KL120 bulb?

Try to repeat modifications I’ve made, install via CLI and maybe it will be working for you as well.
I would do that myself, but : - don’t have those devices + I’m not developer (it was just luck above)

Modifications I made :

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your work. I’ve changed the driver and device files based on your changes. The app is loaded successfully and I can auto discover the light bulbs. (driver.js works correctly)

I have now issues with the error “this.homey.getActionCard is not a function” when I open the device. (device.js seems to have issues).

Could you check my files please?

No idea, as I told you I’m not developer but just looking on my modifications several months ago, should you have this.homey.flow.getActionCard instead of this.homey.getActionCard ?

1 Like

Is there a way you can add support for TP link Omada devices ?

1 Like

Thanks that was the problem!

I think you would have to develop a new app, just as support for TP Link Deco is different.

Just to be sure, I’m not a developer myself, just copying what @Sharkys did to get one type of lamp working.

1 Like

@anne , hello. It has been 16 days since all tp link devices have stopped working. They are all HS 110 plug. It works the switch (on/off) but not the energy monitoring, strange that all device with the same problem. Homey pro 19

71be64ac-7e84-4543-9eab-17bce179baad

Anne is not here for more then 1 year.

Thanks for the info and who is taking care for the app now?