[APP][Pro] Tesla Smart Charger

How many minutes is this window?

I’ve disabled data fetch, and if I understand correctly, the app will start streaming if I start driving during this window.

Is it possible to add triggers for “came online” / “went offline”? This way I could enable data fetch when it is awake and disable it when it’s sleeping.

2 Likes

It finally worked, just needed some patience!

Did you fix this? I’m experiencing the same thing. Could the problem be fetching temperatures in/outside the car? I see that it updates very often.

Fix what ?

Look at the post I replied to.

Hi. Have you learned more about this problem? I’m experiencing the same thing as you. The car is not going to sleep before 00:00.

Today I turned on notification when the state of the car changes. My charge period is from 18:00 and the planned charge start at 01:00 according to the token. The charging stopped right away after I connected the charger, but it’s after that the problems starts. The car won’t go to sleep and are making many ticking noises. When I disable your app it’s not like this. Pasting a screenshot of the notifications.

Hi,

Would it be possible for the app to follow the grid-feed-in while charging? grid-feed-in data is coming from another plug-in (SMA in my case)
So another charging status: automatic, off, manual and ‘PV-only’
You can change the charging current with the API to match or underperform the grid-feed-in so the car is only charged when sun is producing an excess of energy.

Thx K≡vin

Did you try this app?

@balmli Can you please look at the problem I describe above?

I’m expecting my M3 anytime soon now (absolutely getting nervous now!) and looking in ordering a wall connector to charge at home. Currently looking into the Tesla Wall Connector 3 (if anyone has some advise on this, always welcome) but I have some questions in combination with this Homey app;

• As I understand correctly I can stop and start the charging with this app and leave the car plugged in all the time? For example; if solar output is above XXX then start charging or when start washing and cooking then stop charging?
  • “Set charging current” is to change the “speed” of charging? So I can decrease it for example when there’s less solar power and increase it back again?

So looking forward in using this app!

Yes

Yes

I have a Waalbox and the home power station from E3DC, this automatically adjusts the charging current to the power of the solar system.

2 Likes

We have a gen3 Tesla charger and it works well, the charge rate can be set from within Tesla app so it is possible to keep charging rate within what your solar PV system is putting out. It is also possible to set charging schedule within the Tesla app to take advantage of overnight economy 7 type tariffs.
That said, I have ordered a second model 3 and will be installing a myenergie Zaapi charger as they work betetr with solar PV installs then Teslas own. We already have a Myenergie Eddie for use with solarPV excess and that system works very well

Hi. Is there any way to recalculate the charge plan when for example the power is lost for a period? I’m trying to make flows to adapt to the new grid rent in Norway. I’ve tried to turn the charging off and on, but it seems to be using the same charge plan.

OK, noted. Will add an action card to recalc the charge plan.

Will also update this app to receive prices (incl grid costs) from the Utility price app (Strømregning), so the charge plan will take grid costs into account.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing. I’m using “Strømregning” so I’m looking forward for the update.

How will you recommend to set up the flows to stop/start charging?
This is how Íve set them up today:

When you change the charge mode, the existing charge plan will be reset.

Flow 1 Off:
Then:

• “Charging” Off
  • “Set charge mode” to Off.

This will stop charging, reset the charge plan and set charge mode to Off.

Flow 2 On:
Then:

• “Set change mode” to Automatic.

This will create a new charge plan, since the old one was reset in flow 1. And it will pick up charging controlled by the new charge plan.

1 Like

Is this with the planned update you mentioned or now? Because I’m not experiencing that the charge plan are being reset when I use the flows you describe. For example if the charging stops and starts again with the flows at 22:00, the new charge plan start at 20:00.

I think you might have found a bug that happens when creating the charge plan.

1 Like