[APP][Pro] Telegram

Hi @spkesDE

Just being nit picky.

It would be nice to put the word ā€˜Frageā€™ (Question) here, that makes the sentence more correct grammatically. IMO

(Or maybe, it would be fully correct to have it like: Die frage [Question] wurdeā€¦ / The question [Question] is ā€¦ / De vraag [Question] werdā€¦)

Well. This should be correct now?
has been should be more correct then is, because itā€™s already in the past? Iā€™m not sure about that.

Beta 4 is out with the edit mode! :slight_smile: @TheMac

1 Like

as long as you have fun chugging out new versions and dont mess up you life I am happy that there is so much development going on =)

installing it now and will see if I have a minute to run a short test - otherwise I hope I will have some time over this weekend.

Well, thats why Iā€™m doing it. Its my hobby :tada: I have currently 4 days off between two shift blocks and my girlfriend is working, so I have time for my hobby. So everything is fine :grin:

If I donā€™t notice any errors in my coding or get any reports of something buggy :spider: I think Iā€™ll sent the current beta into review on sunday.

1 Like

visually looks fine - have not changed anything - looks fine, tho I miss some descriptive info, but I guess you will include that in the app description with the other stuff

Beta 5 is out :slight_smile:

Updated Settingspage to be more user friendly

1 Like

Hey everyone!

The update is out now! Enjoy :blush:

And as always if you find any bugs :ant:, let me know!

6 Likes

Hi,
first of all, thank you for your code :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve installed your app and configured it. Now Iā€™m able to send a message if something happensā€¦ I recive the notifications.
I would like to know if I can use this app to activate some action if I write a specific message to my bot

in example
I send a message ā€œturn on the lightsā€ to @MY_TG_BOT > homey turns on the lights.

At the moment I can activate a flow nomatter what I write in the message

Is it possible?

Thank you

You could use the question system (see the settings page) or you could use the flow card When a message received with logic cards.

I think it could be a solution but I cannot understand how to set the question.
I press the following button

A then I try to select one of the 2 field 1,1 or 1,2 (but nothing happens)

If I press the 2 button, I get the following screen, but I cannot select anything as you can seeā€¦

Could you help me pls?

You have to enter the question first inside the settings page where u have setup the token. Then you can select at ā€œ2ā€ the questions where it currently says ā€œNo resultā€. Maybe @ilpaolino can help you better. He can speak Italian.

1 Like

Hi,
have you setup your question before?
Questions must be ā€œpredeterminedā€ before in the app settings.
To do this you have to go to: More Ā» App Ā» Telegram Notification (to be clear where you set the token)
Then select the Questions tab and add the questions here via the interface.
At this point, returning to the flow you will find the questions saved in the settings

Traduzione in italiano :slightly_smiling_face:
Ciao,
hai configurato le domande prima?

Le domande devono essere prima ā€œpredeterminateā€ allā€™interno delle impostazioni dellā€™app.
Per farlo devi andare in Altro Ā» App Ā» Telegram Notification
(Per intenderci dove hai impostato il token)
Poi selezionare il tab Domande e aggiungere li le domande tramite lā€™interfaccia.
A questo punto, tornando sul flow troverai le domande salvate nelle impostazioni

2 Likes

Thank you @ilpaolino and @spkesDE.
I have found where to set the questions.
And I have created the flow. But now I donā€™t understand how to get the question or to trigger the flow anywayā€¦
Sorry guys but Iā€™m a newcomer to this system :sweat_smile:

:grin:
So, the question must start from the Bot: that means you must trigger the bot from an ā€œexternal eventā€ and trigger the question in THEN card.
In another flow (itā€™s easier if you have advanced flow) you can trigger the question triggered before in a WHEN card.

I.E.:
For simplicity F1 is Flow 1 and F2 is Flow 2
F1

• All family left the home but someone has left some lights on
  • (WHEN) all people left the house
  • (AND) there are some lightbulbs activated
  • (THEN) Homey through the flow start the question trigger.
  • you receive the question ā€œhey! Youā€™re gone out without turn off all lights: would you like me to turn them off?ā€

F2

• if you say: Yes (tips: itā€™s easier if you use predetermined answer) Homey turn off the lights you have forgot turned on. (From another flow that manage the Telegram response)
  • (WHEN) The question ā€œā€¦ā€ has response Yes
  • (THEN) Turn off all lights

And thatā€™s it! Simple and lean.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found the solution.
I have not only to write the questions, but also a list of the answers. In this way tg proposes me the answers as a button I can click in the tg message. Thanks for the help

Just for info to @spkesDEā€¦ On my android tablet Iā€™m not able to edit questions in the configuration app.

This bug is already fixed with the next update. Once you have version 2.0.8 installed itā€™s fixed.
You could wait till you have the new version automatically or just manuell install it.

2 Likes

Wow how fast! thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey spkes, i canā€™t seem to get the questions working againā€¦ it has been broke for a few weeks now. i can press the buttons all i like (and see loading on top of the telegram app) but nothing happens, i made al kinds of test flows but the anwser is never getting back to homey! whatsā€™s up?

Could you send a diagnostic report?
Also are the buttons you are pressing old or new?