[APP][Pro] Telegram Bot v2.0.0

Hi Jorden,

After switching to the new Homey 2023 the images are not working anymore. I see other people mentioned it, but have a look at this screenshot. Maybe it helps you finding the bug. Before it worked like a charm :smile:

My Homey Pro 2023 was ordered yesterday so I hope I can soon test and make a fix.

Version 1.1.0 is now live, it seems to work on Homey Pro 2023.

I tried with an image from the Athom Gallery app, and with an “ImageGrabber” image, both are now working.

When I test the flow, the image card gets a green checkmark but unfortunately the image never shows up in Telegram. I’ve tested with a IP camera grab and a gallery image. Text messages show up instantly.

I’m om v1.1.0 of the Telegram bot app, running Homey 10.0.2-rc.1 on a HP2023

Do you use your own bot, or the shared bot?

Hi @Jorden ever since the update to v1.1.0 yesterday, all images I send are old. I noticed because I got a snapshot of my frontdoor at 3am, and it showed the picture taken 12 hours before in broad daylight. The flow hasnt changed, only Telegram Bot was updated.

After some testing I found out that after a Homey restart, the next image is updated once. App restart doesn’t refresh the image.
The issue is with my Ring camera, and with a native Homey camera.

I also have the same problem. I get the snapshots from days ago and every time the same image

1 Like

@Jorden any feedback for us? Can you confirm and solve the issue? :pray:

3 Likes

Same issue over here.

1 Like

@Jorden and same here

Hey,

Since the latest telegram update the telegram does not send the new snapshots when triggered via Homey Flow. (Snapshot by foscam app)

When looking into the camera itself (via homey, I can renew the snapshots) but when triggering via a flow it isn’t working anymore.
This did work for the past few years for me but now it stopped :slightly_frowning_face:.
Already tried to re-adding the camera’s to the homey and even re-installing the foscam app (on Homey) but unfortnately this didn’t fix it.

Here is an example of a flow:

Can you have a look into this?
Thanks in advance,

Livai Elbers

jup same for me, first I thought this issue was caused by foscam, but they said they made no changes.

I am not sure what is causing this. I pass the URL I get from Homey to the Telegram bot.

When you send, are you sure you are using the updated image token? In other words, if for example you use the imagegrabber app:

CORRECT METHOD:
Trigger: An image has been grabbed
Action: Send image with telegram, use the droptoken from the trigger

WRONG METHOD:
Any trigger
Action: Send image with Telegram, use any droptoken

If I test with ImageGrabber, I use 2 different URLs and I get two different images. However, it might be that Homey regenerates the image token URL based on that, and it doesn’t do that when the imagetoken is generated differently.
With the new Homey Pro I was unable to get it to work with the ‘file’ of the imagetoken, which worked on old Homey Pro’s before 2023, so instead I went with the URL, which is much easier. But doesn’t seem to work well…

In my case (homey early 2019) I use cams and until v1.1.0 it worked like that. And with the build in push image notification card and the same image/URL token it still works without any problem.

CAM URL example
http://user:pass@IP/cgi-bin/image.jpg?imgprof=MEGA

1 Like

Same for me:
Push notice is new picture, Telegram is old.

For me it is working with foscam. Only since today it is not sending me a new snapshot. I receive the last snapshot from yesterday each time the flow is triggerd

Which app is that Pushmeddelanden app? I might be able to compare the source of that app to my source.

It is the build in push image notification card from the homey push notification app.

That’s the workaround Jorden described: