[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

Homey has crashed now, what logs do you want?
I had to plug out and in the power.

Could you go to More > Apps > Switchbot > Configure App, then select the Log tab and send the log in there.
Also could you check the memory usage in Insights.

Log has been sent.
Here is screenshot of the memory usage for last 24 hours and 7 days.
bilde

bilde

not the best resolution but hope it works.

I can’t quite read the numbers on the scales but they look very large.
The app normally uses about 18 MB or so.

Ah, I have just seen that is the system memory. Could you look at the SwitchBot app memory used?

The log looks perfectly normal, no errors in there.

Could you try the test version as that had a lot of changes.

50% discount at Black Friday, worth buying? Looks like a nice gimmic

Have been using 5 switchbots for curtains for 2 years now with great pleasure! Of which 2 curtains are double fabric and therefore heavy. (straight line u rail)

I still see them as nice gadget.

I expect electric curtain rails like Somfy will work better and have less interference. Switchbot needs to recalibrate every now and then (once a year). But in terms of price, Somfy is also much much more expensive!

The Curtain Bots are good value and with 50% off they are extremely good value.

The motion sensor and contact sensor are great value if you use them with my ESP32 code but at the moment response time via the cloud or Homey’s BLE is poor. When Switchbot implement Webhooks the potential is much better.
The contact sensor also has motion detection and a button. Although the button is only available via BLE at the moment.

The bulb works well as is reasonably bright.

Generally good value kit and the integration will hopefully improve.

1 Like

@Sjoerd87 and @Adrian_Rockall thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I didn’t read good enough, but the flash sale has finished for the product I need. Now it is only 30% discount. Since I don’t need it now I’ll just wait a bit more, maybe they’ll redo the 50% discount. I’ve put them on my wishlist :wink:

Here is a better picture. but this is from the system and not the one app.
bilde

The system memory doesn’t tell me what the Switchbot app is using so it could be anything using that.
I really need to see what Switchbot is using to see if it is a problem.

Found it, sorry!

That looks reasonable. Not sure about the spike but it’s not using excessive memory.
I guess if you have a lot of apps it could just push it over the top.

Oh well… couldn’t get it out of my head, so just ordered them. I’ll try and start with the BLE implementation hopefully my homey can reliably reach both devices.

I know that feeling :grin:
Which devices did you go for?

Even with 30% discount this is expensive stuff!!

chrome_sXt6JLz5R6

Source. (scroll down a bit)

2 Likes

I went for the SwitchBot Curtain - Black / Rod / Single Pack × 2

Let’s see … they told me they have a 5-7 day shipping delay. So hopefully they’re on time for christmas… or Sinterklaas preferably

1 Like

The switchbot meter is pretty expensive too with 1900 dollar.

1 Like

You can say that a yen :upside_down_face: