[App][Pro] Sony BRAVIA Android TV

Worked like a charm :grinning:

1 Like

Yes! It is working flawless! Thank you for all your work, even on Sunday!

For all those who are looking for an application for it: I control the light with it. When the TV goes on, the light dims automatically. When it goes off, the light gets brighter again.

3 Likes

Too hot to go outside :hot_face: :grin:

And I was happy to have some users testing instantly :+1: This way bugfixing makes fun.

2 Likes

Btw… since version 2.x you can set a shorter poll interval (seconds or minutes).
If you control the TV only from Homey and don’t need instant responses, you can use a long interval in minutes.
If you want to react on remote control action via flow trigger, you can use s short interval (eg. 10 seconds) to get instant feedback.
If actions are processed from the app (e.g. volume up button), a polling is processed instantly to update the device (volume slider).

Breaking changes in version 2.x

For all users updating to version 2.x…
The previously existing flow triggers for volume up/down, channel up/down never worked. They have been available to add to your flows but as the API doen’t provide such data, they got never triggerred.
That’s why they are removed now.
If you already added them so flows, please remove them. Thanks.

Volume mute trigger is added with a new ID to keep SDK naming for triggers.
Please update your flows if you alreday used it (surely not because it never worked :-))

People should be aware that the remote start option on most Sony TV’s greatly increases stand-by power consumption. On my TV, choosing the option “On (Powered on by apps), increases stand-by power consumption by 25 W (220 kWh/year). For this reason, I always choose to power on the TV with the remote instead.

Now, even with the network power on features turned off, the TV keeps consuming 25 W more than usual in stand by. I think maybe the polling prevents the TV from going into deep sleep.

After deleting the device from Homey, the TV manages to go into deep sleep after about 2 minutes. So I set the polling to 2 minutes and the TV then does manage to go into deep sleep and stay in that mode.

I think this is because of how the TV handles it, not the app?

Thanks for this information. I will add parts to the first post…

And yes, that’s a behaviour of the TV.
The app just makes http calls. The app can’t control how the TV reacts on.

If your TV is in deep standby, can you wake it up with a WoL (wake-on-lan) call? Because controlling from the app is not possible then. In this case I could add a WOL action card.

The networked standby option, does let the TV go into deep sleep… but I have no idea how to do a wake-on-lan call to see if it comes out of it :sweat_smile:

Edit: I tried several apps to wake-on-lan, but nothing happens.

I’ll add WoL. Even in the Api docs suggest to wake up a TV with WoL if it’s not standby.

1 Like

New test version 2.0.6

• New settings to define poll interval for TV off state
  • New flow action for WoL (wake on LAN)

@HugoLXO

To deal with the sleep mode I added new device settings:

• activate poll intervall when TV is off
  • poll interval (minutes) when TV is off

When active, the device uses this larger poll interval when the Homey device is switched off.
I hope this will keep the TV in sleepmode and allow instant feedback when it’s o.

As second addition I added a WoL flow card.
It’s a card for the app, not for the device. So search the Sony app in the app list and select its flow card.
Current ToDo: Check device status after WoL. Currently the device checkes with “TV off” interval. So it could take a while until the next check is done and the device state changes to available.

Some devices get switched on after WoL, some only wake up but screen keeps off. So you will need to switch on in addition.

1 Like

New test version 2.0.7

• Added device availability check to WoL flow action

The flow card (used in AdvancedFlow) is waiting up to 20 seconds for the TV to get available after sending the WoL request.
The card throws an error if the TV is still unavailable.
This can be used in flows to retry WoL or continue after device availability (switch on…).

1 Like

The flow card managed to wake up the TV from deep sleep (allowed through the remote start networked standby option), but then I can’t turn the TV on unless I have the remote start powered on by apps option on as well. So the option that prevents deep sleep is also the one that gives the app permission to turn it on… no idea how Alexa does it. Even with only the networked standby on, once I use your flow card to wake the TV, she can turn it on. I hope this makes sense.

1 Like

My XR-65A80K fails to connect.

Why is the detection period so short? If extended to 1 minute it may be able to detect it?

But even manual IP fails. Finds nothing.
HP23 on rc.118.

A user won’t wait 1min in pair screen :wink:
Which app version are you using? Testversion or Live version? Live-Version only connect KD-series, test version all BRAVIAs.

I only found one bravia android version for HP23?
How to get test version?

I only linked to the test version in first post about new test version above. You can use the app store URL with an added “/test” to get the test version:

Or open the changelog and click the TEST icon.

Thanks!
Connected right away.

1 Like

New test version 2.0.8:

• Added TV channel flow action. You can select a channel from the source (e.g. TV-DBS). The chanel list is provided by the TV.
  • Changes power on. The Homey device should be able to power on the TV even in standby mode (TV with network standby setting “off”). Depending on the model it could be neccessary to WoL (wake on LAN). Use the flow action for and please leave a comment how your TV is reacting in different standby modes.

XR-65A80K works fine with Turn On and Off even after been off overnight, while it didn’t work in 2.0.7.

1 Like

“Remote start off” and “Remote start (Networked standby)”, TV turns on only during the 2 minutes the TV is not in deep sleep yet, when in deep sleep it gives the following error:

“Remote start (Powered on by apps)”, the TV turns on from Homey.

What now does work is putting the TV in “Remote start (Networked standby)”, allowing it to go into deep sleep, use the wake-on-lan flow, and then turn on the TV from Homey.

1 Like