[App][Pro] Sony BRAVIA Android TV

Ok, new test version is ready to try.

@friethoe Coul dyou try please as your HP19 provides a larger log.

@Shanster @friethoe @HugoLXO
Can you please add your TV IP address to your posted log IDs? Then I can check if it’s somewhere in discovery list without a readable SONY tag.

Edited my previous post to add the IP. Just tried the new version, nothing changed for me. Do you need me to create a new log? No idea how this works :sweat_smile:

@HugoLXO
I found the IP, but the divice only reports itself as Chromecast device. But it should also be visible as Sony.
But let’s focus first on manual adding. Yes, you can try to add manually (IP, PSK). The device won’t be added. Then please create a new diagnostic log.
I hope with the device details recovered via API I can enclose the reasons.
Thanks.

Manual adding not working. After typing the shared key, I press the button to continue but nothing happens. Log: 2932e8e1-f659-48fc-8714-6e2c73ac18bd

Great, first error is found. The new devices are no KD but XR models. I’ll check on productName instead.
productCategory: ‘tv’,
productName: ‘BRAVIA’,
modelName: ‘XR-65X95J’,

I am sorry, I should have given you the full model name in my first post.

No, that’s not the problem. The app (old code) checked for KD models. I wans’t aware that Sony has a new model line beside KD :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I updated to v2.01 and created a new dig.report:
cc9e91c7-0efb-46fc-8f1f-710e7334d111
Hope you find something
Cheers,
Eric

I just checked it out and could find only 3 Sony Android TV models: KD, XR, and KE :smile:

What IP is your TV using?

The ip address is: 192.168.178.39

I made a new test version (2.0.2)

• XR series seems to provide only upnp services for device discovery. This is added to the search/check logic. Hopefully your TVs are found now.
  • The check for correct BRAVIA TVs is changed. It’s checking on
    productCategory: ‘tv’,
    productName: ‘BRAVIA’,
    in API results now.
  • Pair view style is updated to Homey style conventions (blue buttons etc).
    Please report if there is somewhere a style issue.

Thanks for all logs to find the spacial behaviour of some TVs on discovery.
I hope you subscribed this thread so I don’t need to tag everyone :slight_smile:

@friethoe @HugoLXO @Shanster

It worked! TV has been added, and the buttons are working. I have no use case for this app yet, but I’m sure I will find one in the future. Leave the app installed in case you would like me to test anything, just ask :smile:

1 Like

Haha, that’s like Homey itself. Do you need it or do you want it ? :grin:
A use case could be… when HDMI is selected (BlueRay?) then dim the light for movie session.

2 Likes

Whoop whoop!!! Awesome it worked for me too!
The tv was not found automatically, but with ip address and key, the device is now registered to Homey!! Thank you for your great support!!
Cheers,
Eric

2 Likes

Oh, want, of course! I will find a use case hehe… I’m still transferring some things from Alexa to Homey. Some devices still have more functionality in Alexa, but I’m trying to move everything eventually :smile:

Hi, I made another test version where I adjustes the discorery a bit.
You can try if it’s found automatically - but you have to remove your added device for that because the ID is checked to prevent showing up alreday added devices in device list.

1 Like

Hi, I deleted my tv, updated the application to v2.03.
I started to add my tv again. The tv is now found automatically. I entered the prev.key and finished the process.
However, my tv is not shown in the device screen!
When I try to add my tv again, no device is found.
Cheers,
Eric

Note: I restarted the app and now my tv is shown in the device screen!!!

1 Like

Hm, strange. I can only imagine that the WebApp did not refresh.
Thanks for testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s us to thank you, awesome support!
Cheers,
Eric

3 Likes