[APP][Pro] SONOFF Zigbee

After my Homey Pro 2023 was updated to 10.3.0-rc.5 all my SonOFF zigbee motion and temperature sensors stopped working.
Am I the only one with that problem? Do you have any solution except the obvious (restarting the Homey, restarting the app, repairing the sensors)?
I haven’t tried to remove and add the sensors again, that’s a last desperate resort since it requires a lot of work to go through all flows and replacing them.

I haven’t tried to restore the Homey from backup either (yet).

Is there any chance to make Sonoff TRVZB (Thermostatic Radiator Valve based on Zigbee) to work with this app and HP23?

2 Likes

Hello,
Is there a possibility to look at the code of the SONOFF Zigbee app ?

Regards

1 Like

Have you sked the Developer?

There is an Forum link in the App Details, please ask there as the Developer is there also

Therefore Moved.

The obvious solution is to not run RC firmware. There seem to be issues with the multiprotocol setup (Zigbee and Thread using the same chip).

I would really like to see that to. I already exported a interview of the device and send it to the app developer via mail 11 days ago but no answer :frowning:

For whatever reason the developer seems to pretty much have abandoned this app, I already asked a few weeks ago if it would be able to make it open source and to contribute but no answer. For the other projects of the developer (which I consider some of the most popular homey apps actually, but are also mostly abandoned) at least the source code is available so I was able to add additional drivers myself in a dev version.

I know maintaining a open source project is not the most thankful work, but it would be great if at least the community would be able to take over this project.

2 Likes

I have the same sensor, not supported yet and just made the interview dump, will send it to the dev to hopefully get it supported soon. I can see the values properly reported in the interview so I assume it will be doable :slight_smile: .

Is the situation about this Sonoff Zigbee App (community) has anything to do versus the Sonoff App (official) from StyraHem Sweden ?
https://homey.app/fr-fr/app/se.styrahem.sonoff.zigbee/Sonoff/ // GitHub - StyraHem/Homey.Sonoff.Zigbee: Sonoff Zigbee Devices

At least there is the source code, but the number of devices supported are pretty limited. Not sure why it is actually flagged as official

To be honest I didn’t even know there was an official app. From the change logs it seems like the first release was on 4.1.2024. So it’s pretty new. If they maintain it and add new devices in the future I would absolutely love it, so let’s see how that continues.

Also it seems their repo is open to PRs, so I might try to open one for the ZBMINI-L2 in the next few days. I don’t own any other Sonoff devices, so feel free to do the same if anyone has the need for other devices.

Thanks for the link @Laurent_Chardin, this app works great for me. The temperature updates come every 0.2 degree.

According to one of the contributors they seem to be open to PRs so I’ve opened one to add support for the ZBMINIL2, lets hope it gets merged soon.

This thread is all about the Sonoff zigbee (community) app, and support fo ZBMINIL2 has been available for over 10 months now.

I’v made the repo public, feel free to contribute.

// Johan

6 Likes

Latest version now in test: SONOFF Zigbee | Homey

Supported devices:

• Windows / Door Sensor - SNZB-04 / DS01
  • Motion Sensor - SNZB-03 / ms01, MS01, MSO1
  • Wireless Switch - SNZB-01 / WB01
  • Cord switch - Basic ZBR3
  • Temperature and Humidity Sensor - SNZB-02P / SNZB-02 (TH01)
  • Smart Switch - ZBMINI / 01MINIZB
  • 1 Gang Wall Switch / ZB-SW01
  • 2 Gang Wall Switch / ZB-SW02
  • 3 Gang Wall Switch / ZB-SW03
  • OnOff Controller / SA-003-Zigbee
  • Plug - SONOFF-ZB-S26 / S26R2ZB
  • Smart Switch - ZBMINI-L
  • Temperature and Humidity sensor with LCD screen - SNZB-02D
  • Smart Switch - ZBMINIL2

I wanted to share a bit about the development of this app for Homey. This project is a labor of love, done entirely in my spare time. It’s important to note that I receive no compensation from ITEAD (Sonoff) or any other entity for my work on this app. At best, I occasionally receive test products from companies interested in having their products supported, which aids in development.

However, the continuation and enhancement of this app rely heavily on community support. If you’re looking forward to a specific device being added, your involvement in testing or any form of support to acquire these products for development would be immensely valuable. This collaborative effort is what makes further development possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

13 Likes

Awesome @johan_bendz ! It’s definitely great to be able to contribute as you already have a bunch of SonOff devices covered.

@johan_bendz

Got version 0.0.25 pushed to me 26 minutes ago.

Every Sonoff device reports error now:

2024-01-29_11-02-11

Tried to restart the app - no luck :frowning:

I have the same issue, almost. My door sensors works but not my thermometers.

Edit: restart worked. Problem solved
Edit2: Nope, works for a short while then the same issue again.

1 Like

Same here

OK, troubleshooting. Nothing in the logs that tells me what’s the issue… But with this update I went from configuring the reporting on pairing to configuring it on all app starts since users reported not getting reports, night be a congestion issue with multiple sensors starting simultanious.