[APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

Will there be support for Saj inverters ?

Hi thanks for developing this app :slight_smile:
I’m trying to add Growatt SPH 3600 hybrid inverter but it says that no devices have been found. Any thoughts on why?
I’m on the test version of the app with my HP2023

It’s probably not supported?
You can give it a try with this app https://homey.app/en-gb/app/com.growatt.server/Growatt/

Yeah I tried that one as well. It doesn’t work there either, and the developer has gone under ground unfortunately so I’m not getting my hopes up for a future addition :confused:
Maybe I can request @Diederik to add support for the inverter. I can supply you with further details if needed :slight_smile:
I’d be happy to donate a beer :wink:

1 Like

The test app worked well for a while but today a strange thing. It didnt report for 3 hours.

@Diederik Hi Diederik, I’m experiencing a strange behaviour of your Solar Panels App. Using v 4.7.0 of the app and Homey version 8.1.3 (homey Pro Early 2019). The strange thing is that the Energie amount is only reset to 0 in the morning and not at 0:00 (As I would expect). See graph below:

Do you have any explanation / resolution for this or is this By Design?

Regards

Doesn’t the inverter reset the value? I don’t think it’s an app issue.

Its all back again.

1 Like

@Diederik is there a way to get back support for onmik?

I saw @lucasvdh has helped you a little bit ?

Ok, noticed this, but maybe the ‘today’s production’ or ‘today’s consumption’ doesn’t really need to update every few seconds?

Hi

@Diederik it would be nice if the total production data could be retrieved for growatt inverters.

Last few weeks every day around noon my Growatt becomes unavailable in homey but also in my iPhone growatt app. Looks like Growatt blocks my account somehow.
Can it be that they limit the amount of API requests? I don’t know how often this Homey app checks?

Does anybody else recognizes this behaviour?

have not noticed any problems with growatt web/api connection during the last month or so.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Ginlong/Solis support is available in the solarpannel app?
It looks like it had been removed….

2 Likes

Just migrated to the new Homey 2023 and would love to have omnik back. Any possibility? In the old version it was working perfectly. MySolarEdge seems to work.

1 Like

It’s stable for about 4 weeks now. I’m also using the Growatt integration in Home Assistant, so an API call limit seems unlikely in your situation imho.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I connected Growatt both to Homey and Home-Wizard Energy app. On homewizard I see (almost) everyday the following, always around 12:00h.

From that moment both Homey and the Growatt app are not working anymore either.

I’m pretty sure it was already before I connected homewizard, but will see what happens if I disconnect Growatt from homewizard for a while

This is the error Homey shows:

It looks like some sort of limit indeed.
I don’t have Growatt paired with HW app btw.

The Growatt error you show could be solved here by auto-restarting the app.

Restarting doesn’t work, Growatt seems to actually block my account login until midnight.

I disconnected HW now but same behavior. The Growatt “shine phone” app shows “de lopende rekening is vergrendeld” and doesn’t allow me to login either.

Can it be that I have two Growatt inverters connected to Homey and as a result Homey makes the double amount off API-calls?

It’s odd you can’t even open the Shine phone app as well when the API is locked.
But:

Maybe this app works similar.

Like I wrote, I also use HomeAssistant Growatt integration, that would double my API calls, and I don’t seem to get (temporary) blocked.

Yes, I assume that would double the API calls.

It would be great when one can set an interval to API calls in this app so you don’t get blocks.

On the other hand, it’s the first case of a Growatt rate limit I’ve read about.