[APP][Pro] Roborock Vacuum Cleaners

Thanks for bringing that up! I’m actually on my way to Berlin for IFA, where I have a meeting scheduled with the Roborock team. I think adding them to the platform would be a fantastic opportunity.

It’s also worth mentioning that I spoke with them at CES in January, and they didn’t seem very enthusiastic about joining at that time. However, the recent addition of LG might encourage them to reconsider. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for the update!

Best of Luck! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Would be great if they could release their own app and maintain this. Let’s hope they’ll bite.

Please notice that the Mi Home and Roborock app, as well as the linked platforms on Home Assistant, are working on a gap in their token system. Used by thousands, maybe try not to bring up that this is here :wink: Would be a pitty that they close up and not choose to built a official app.

2 Likes

There are other work arounds,

I had a version of the alexa app which could control vacuums, and added roborock to alexa - so like a reverse to what your would normally do … you could do something similar manually - create flows which trigger routines with in alexa you could even use the advance capabilities app to then map it to a “homey” tile.

But I thought the new s8 max used matter? Why cant you add it via that?

We don’t yet support the device class for robot vacuums with Matter, since there wasn’t a single vacuum that used it before. We now have some samples and can start adding support.

2 Likes

Regardless, looks like there will be a way forward in the future even if it’s just using Matter some day.

Im still hoping that as companies move more to matter and become comfortable with allowing access from other platforms they will then share access to some of their more sophisticated features via API… but perhaps im a dreamer.

Hello @Justin,
I’ve added my Roborock Q8 to Homey as a Q7 series. I’ve tested everything, and it seems to be working fine.