[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Your SMA is already showing the per day kWh. My app assumes a cumulative meter, so month totals will never happen.
Also I see a weird spike at around 17.20 that looks like an incorrect meter value from the SMA converter.

Is this maybe you looking for?

The SMA inverter app will not work with Power by the Hour because it is already doing the metering per day, and doesn’t provide a cumulative meter.

Ok, then I use it for P1 only. Thanks anyway for your app. And looking forward for the Gas implementation.

Hi @Gruijter, I’m using the P1 smart meter app, but unfortunately it doesn’t show in your app. It has a meter_power.consumed capability. Would it be possible to use this in your app?

The Homey firmware bug is making it extremely difficult to implement support for different meter_power.xxx capabilities. If Athom decides to fix it, I can take a look at it though.

Is it possible to send notications on the amount of power used/produced every hour, day, month?

Hi @Otter,
Yes, just make a flow that runs every hour,day,month. The totals are available in flows at any time.

Works thanks. If i select date & time and set every month will it start counting from now or will it set to every new month? I would like to get noiced every beginning of every month

‘This month’ is adding up the total in near real time, counted from day 1 of this monrh. ‘Prev. month’ is the total of the previous month. So if you want the total at day 1, just start a flow 1st day of the month @8am (for instance), and use the ‘prev. Month’ tag.

I was able to select the Toon thermostat within this app!
Thank you!

1 Like

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards at

https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

Nederlands (Dutch), Dansk (Danish), Deutsch (German), Svenska (Swedish) , Français (French), Polskie (Polish), Fiński (Finnish)

Great App, thanks for developing. It would be great if there would be a feature to see the % of the total by zone and by device, just as on the Homey Energy tab (but than as an aggregate for a certain date or date-range, not the realtime numbers like now). Or has anyone developed maybe a flow or calculated dimension to do this?

Hi! How is “This month” intended to be used. I thought it would have been resetted on the 1st of each month, but mine just keeps going.

Yes, It is supposed to reset to 0 on the first of every month. Could you post an issue on GitHub please? That way I will not forget about it once I have time to work on the next maintenance release.

Thx!

2 Likes

Same issue here, no month reset.

1 Like

Same here, created an issues as requested on github as a reminder for @Gruijter!

2 Likes

Hei Gruijter
I am using this app a month and a little more, app is nice and idea behind of it is gorgeous, but… no devices not found by app
I was waiting, because this app is still in beta, probably my devices will be recognized at some point, still, it is long time for waiting…
I have devices from

Devices: Dimmer 2; Relay Switch 2; Double Relay Switch 2; Wall Plug

Devices: Smart Dimmer 6; Smart Switch 6; Home Energy Meter Gen2

Devices: NAS-WR01ZE, Power Switching Plug

Energy consumption from those devices are available in insights.homey.app, but your app does not recognize them.

Can you please take a look about those devices, can they be supported by your app.

with best wishes

Thank you and thanks to the community!

Hi @Gruijter

Thanks for the great app. I would like to expand the idea of the app further.

Would it be possible to make the app work with better logic number values also? I’m currently calculating a CO2 emission “real time” and would like to make the sum values hourly, daily, monthly, yearly.

Best Regards Jarkko