[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I found the problem. It was obviously introduced with the possibility to set a start day/month. But the fix is not so easy…

New version should fix the monthly reset issue

Can you please test it @Torch1969 @Mike1233 ?

@Gruijter New version installed. After installation the month counter was reset to zero (start value for month set at current value). If it resets at month change, we can only discover next month :slight_smile:

I recalculated the start value of this month bij subtracting the sum of the day values of previous 2 days (can be found in insights) from the start value of this day.

I found out that I cannot change this value (start of month) through settings in web controller, only in advanced settings in the homey app.
Also missing the start of day value of the gas meter?

I have installed the app.
All devices have been found again, only now all devices have the current position as the starting position of the month.
So this month has no consumption yet. Yesterday I had adjusted all devices to the correct starting position of the month.
But if the app automatically sets the month position to the current position on the 1st of the month, it is correct.
Only during installation does it also set the initial position to the current position.

I have tried to edit the start of the month in the web app and that is no problem for me.
I used Chrome.

Did I not create this yet? That would be a next enhancement then for gas and water :crazy_face:

Edit: you sent me on a wild goose chase @Torch1969 . I deliberately omitted start of day setting. Just wait till tomorrow and it is automagically fixed :wink:

But I still miss it (after waiting one day in full excitement :joy:)

I recall I saw start of day on gas-meter before updating to 2.7.0…?

On my gas meter counter in pbth is also no start of the day.
Don’t know if this also was on the previous version.

I decided not to put day start in the device settings because it would be an extra field for people that can be filled in incorrectly. Not having that field would only be a discomfort on the first day after pairing a new device. The discomfort being that if you add e.g. your solar panel at noon, the ‘this day total’ would be too low. But as said, it would only be too low for that first day. After that all is good.

So my question to you: why do you want to have the ‘this day start’ in the device settings?

@Gruijter i totaly agree with your choice to keep it simple. I was just confused because “day start” is part of device settings for power meter ;-).
My only use was to recalculate the month start based on day start minus sum of previous day values. If Month start is behaving correctly, day start is of no use to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds interesting to me :slight_smile:

Hi @Gruijter , (fixed :wink: )

your app is really great, but recently I found out it’s not updating values - can you please have a look why updates get updated only after app restart ? 991cfe69-0b69-46d5-97f9-9100c22cbd5c
Thank you.

Yes, why is that @Dijker :thinking:

I would like to know as well :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: sorryyyy, too many things in parallel :crazy_face:

1 Like

Actually I don’t know. The logs say the source device doesn’t exist anymore. Do you know what could be the cause of that?

Honestly no idea but immediately after I restart your app, it starts reading and keep reading - not sure when it stops… Would another diag help ? Restarted Power by The Hour just about few min ago…
ca523ce3-f35b-4f44-82c8-457b49d7de56

Btw that was happening also for another device for me… but I deleted it already as I thought it’s fault of that device. ;-(
Maybe daily restart would be interim solution for now…

…deleted

Deleted what?

Hi all,

I am working on a complete rewrite of the app to migrate it to Homey SKD3. This will make sure the app will continue to work when Athom kills SDK2 in a future firmware update. I also hope it will increase stability and resolve the missing data that some of you have experienced. Note: SDK3 only works with Homey fw 5 or higher.

Secondly I am migrating the capabilities to support the status indicator on the device tile, and to have a lot of flow card triggers available for you.

tempFileForShare_20211025-143947

To be continued…

8 Likes

Qubino smart meter support?

???