[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

From the logs I see the app restarted at midnight. Are you rebooting Homey then maybe?

I can also see that the solaredge had a reset to 0 around 04:10 this morning. Does that sound right to you?

Homey restarts only on Monday on 2 in the night. I don’t know about SolarEdge. I don’t do a restart.

I have no problems with resetting the counters each day. At about 0:00 the counters for the hour and day reset to zero. The counters for the month and year don’t reset. So it works.
For the month reset i have to wait eight days to see if it works. :grinning:

1 Like

Actually I wonder if the Homey reboot before the solaredge resets to zero is the cause of the issue. If you fix the numbers now and check again tomorrow can you check if the numbers are correct when Homey does not reset at night?

And can you download and share the power insights of today from the solaredge source device?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your support. I adjusted the numbers again yesterday and this morning it looks like it is fine (there is a difference of 0,07 kw but I can’t adjust this, but this is peanuts. (But I am a book keeper :smirk:)
So again thank you very much and will let you know if it goes wrong again.

1 Like

The reset of the hour and day works good. The month reset works also good. The year counter is still counting, no reset.
So everything works fine.
This is for my Enpase Envoy. Solar panels.

1 Like

I just noticed something “strange” in the insights. I can only see data from past month / past year. Not request the graph for this month / this year. Or am I doing something wrong?

I wanted to see how much energie I used per month the last months. I can see it by selecting last month, but need to be careful that data-point “may” shows the usage from April etc.

Indeed in insights there is no graph for ‘This Month’. That is because you only know the total of a month when the month is finished.

That’s correct, but
 This value is adding up. So if you ask me it would be interesting to see it anyways. It is a graph that keeps adding per day, and cuts-off to zero at the beginning of a new month.

No real need, but makes sense to me to have it?

It is easy enough to activate it. But it would be activated for all app users because of how Homey Insights work. And I disabled it because it uses homey storage and I don’t see the benefit of having this graph.

But if other app users want to have this feature, let me know.

1 Like

I have made a virtual device where I fill the measure_power value with the data from my solar panels, due to the fact there is no app which support my converter.
When I use the PBTH app, I can’t use it for the virtual device. Is it possible to add this functionality?

It works with meter_power, not measure_power

OkĂ©, thanks, that explain why I can’t find the virtual device.

Hallo @Gruijter ,

After the release of the new Homey app I cannot select to display a certain value on the tiles generated by your app. Is this expected behaviour, or someting you can look into? Would be really nice to see one of those values on every tile :slight_smile:

That would be nice indeed! Unfortunately this new feature only works on certain information types (‘default capabilities’). And since PBTH is not using default capabilities it doesn’t work. But maybe you can post a feature request at Athom to start supporting it.

I was afraid already
 Where can I do a feature request with Athom? Mail to support?

See links in this thread: [Links] Athom websites and user accounts

1 Like

Did send in a feature request. Fingers crossed, and probably a lot of patience :stuck_out_tongue:

Recently, I replaced my P1 cable with a wifi P1 gateway and a gateway to measure water as well. So, in Homey I now have my Gas, Power and Water measurements (working via this App).

I installed BBTH and have set it up with Gas and Power; works great. I tried to install Water PBTH, but the gateway is not seen:

Is this related to the PBTH App, or the gateway App (@MarcelT )?

I am not sure how pbth app works.

1 Like