[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

No the price was under 0

The new prices received for tomorrow triggers at midnight, resulting ofcourse with an empty list. Should this only trigger when there is really new prices?

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 5.53.22

Hi I am new to this app. Can someone help me with a flow that when the price is the lowest that my smart plug or something turns on.

1 Like

@Gruijter Thanks that was simple thanks!!!

2 Likes

v6.5.2 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• homey-api@3.5.2

I have a flow where I want to record the hour each day where most energy is used, but for some reason the kWh prev. hour gets greater that #max_kw is never triggered so max_kw remains 0. What am I not understanding here?

Hi @Jorgen_Rasmussen ,
that’s easy and I understand that you got trapped.
Usually the kWh prev.hour is greater than 0.
So when you set the initial value to zero at 00:10 am and you had just a little consumption between 11pm and midnight, the value is already greater than zero and thus will never become greater than zero.
You can try to set at 1:01 am the max_kw to kWh prev. hour as start point, which I think should work,
Or you check in the upper string for kWh prev. hour has changed and add an And… kWh prev. hour is greater than max_kw. That will for sure work.
Hope that helps. :smiley:

Hi, is it possible to reset the flow counter to zero every first day of the month?

The graphic are gone.

In the virtual device I get “An error occurred while loading the image.”

Did PtP and restarted the app.

Edit
@Gruijter
20:47 everything OK.

1 Like

What do you mean by flow counter?

I would like the energy counter that would be fed with data via flow to count from zero every month

Why would you want that? The ‘kWh this month’ and ‘kWh last month’ already start at 0 every month.

Thanks, that seems logical once you have it explained. I tried the 1:01 methode and that works.

Hi,
I have been asking this a few times before but I want to check in to see if there is any solution to my issues with negative readings. I did an approach and this issue again after a few month but the issue appears again. After a few days I have multiple days with negative consumption and costs. I use mostly Shelly devices and they never record any negative numbers in their native apps.
The issue might be that every day at midnight the first reading of the days is several thousand kWh negative. I mean like several hundred thousand! Even for one reading this mess up everything for the rest of the day and month.
I even have a virtual PBTH unit where I remove all the negative readings and replace them with 0 before sending it to PBTH and they read -25kwh yesterday anyway. How is this?
I really really want this to work. My Easee charger has work for years without any issues as I have with Shelly and Tibber Pulse. Please let me send you any data if want to have look at this.

If shelly gives a wrong kWh at midnight that messes things up. Garbage in is garbage out…

But you can try using watts as source.

@Theo_de_Koning Many thx for your kind donation! Much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Thanks @Gruijter ,
I was not able to find a reliable source, but obviously since July, 17th the forecasts are quite reasonable again.

2 Likes

v6.5.3 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• homey-api@3.6.0

Goal: web api data of daily solar energy for one year.

I’m trying to get the daily solar power for a whole year with the Homey web api. I only manage to get the today’s data. All data is available in a Homey Insights graph and it can be exported to a csv.

Could Power by the hour retroactively gather data of current year and put it in a graph to use it in a web api? Or is there another smart solution (export csv is not smart)?