[APP][Pro] Pipup

Shield, latetest updates, Android 9.
Installed PIP UP, rund the ADB command with succes. (display over other apps is correct on allow)
But no pupup from Homey flow (i tried with text only)

I also tried the same setup on my other MiBox, no popup there.

Based on that, i guess Homey. It work with everything else, so i dont really know what to look at.

Anyone with ideas?

With Nvidia Shield I managed to use app, without ADB commands. After installation, you need to go to: ā€œsettings>apps>special apps access>display over other appsā€ and activate slider for Pipup.
Itā€™s working fine for me :smile:

3 Likes

Great! This was the solution to get it to work on my Sony Android TV

1 Like

Works fine but keeps showing me the same image every timeā€¦ What iā€™m doing wrong??

THE same i Swedish, ƅƄƖ not working.

Works great. Thanks!
I would like to use a Logic Variable for the IP.
When I type the IP it works, when I insert a text variable with the IP, it does not function.
The number variable does not accept more then one decimal point.

Hi @Rocodamelshekima

I have a video URL from a Nest Hello Doorbell that makes a direct feed to the doorbell, but I have tried to display it with both web url and video url to Pipup from Homey, but video url does not work and web url just displayĀ“s black screen. The url (https: // video.nest.com / embedded / live / <SECRET_TOKEN>?autoplay=1) displays instant when running from Chrome so do you have any idea on how I could get this working? :slight_smile:

I will not post the real URL with my secret token here, but if you need I would gladly share it with you private.

I have also tried casting an RTSP stream which I am able to from homey but that does not work eigther.

I really hope you will be able to help me out, thank you.

Best Regards
Stig

Does Anyone has the command to set the permissions with ABD?

Hi,

Is it possible to add RTSP videostream to the app?
It would be great it an rtsp stream could be entered and played in a popup on your TV, great for showing your camera or doorbell.
It seems most cameraā€™s (and synology nas) support rtsp streams, woudl be great to use it in this app.

1 Like

Is it possible to get this working on an Android IPTV box?

Think the issue is the app on tv and not the app on homey, I tried several things but the app on tv kept crashing when adding an rtsp videostream (from unifi)

Hi,

I have a Sony XR-55A80 google tv(android 10) and Eufy Dualcam with homebase. I gave Pipup permission to display over other apps(special app access).
My tv does not show an image when there is movement at the door. It does nothing. So no text as well.
But just text is working fine. For instance: when dishwasher is ready, the text appears in the top right of the tv.
What is the solution to see a screenshot of the doorbell on my tv?

Sounds very cool. Iā€™m gonna try it out soon. I hope it will work with my Philips oled that runs android.

App is running on tv, telling the server is up, but the message I try to send doesnā€™t show up.
Doesnā€™t seem to work with Philips tv.

1 Like

Thank you very much. This was also the solution for me

Anybody knows how to enter a return in the message. I want to put information on the screen but now its just one sentence going on and on

@Rocodamelshekima I really love this app, I made serval flows, to activate my Kids (while they are gaming) or see who is at the front or backdoor.

But it has not been updated for 3 years now (I understand because it is working), will there be an update to sdk3 ?

Please let me know.

You can download the sdkv3 version on Homey Community Store

Or just download the Test version of the app.

Does anyone has the Pipup and a Eufy camera video stream working?
Or experiance with the Stream types ?
With the Eufy cam I can select a HLS (chromecast compatible) or HLS and a RTMP stream, but none of them are working.
And must I stream it as an Video URL of web URL