[APP][Pro] Philips TV Testing

Nice. I hope your renovation went well :blush:. Let me know if I should test something.

Found and fixed a couple issues/edge-cases in the current pairing process. The most notable fix is that non-Android TVs that use the Jointspace API v6 but don’t support https can now be added.

Just need to fix one more issue in the pairing process and then I’ll publish a new test version.

3 Likes

Just published version 2.6.0 to test.

https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/codes.lucasvdh.philips-jointspace/Philips-TV/test/

This version contains fixes for the pairing process. I only managed to test this on an Android and non-Android TV that both required a pincode for pairing. If anyone has a TV that doesn’t require a pincode, please let me know if adding your TV still works.

Hi Lucas,

I’m still getting the time out.
App finds the TV, TV provides a PIN, I enter the PIN and nothing happens.

This one doesn’t work for me either. I even don’t get to the pin code. Keeps donuting the word “laden”/loading, but hangs there. Btw, I’ve a philips oled807

Ah that’s a shame. Could you please initiate the pairing process again and manually submit a diagnostic report afterwards?

Thank you

hello Lucas,

i have tried this app but my television is not found.
its an 70PUS8506. I am on the test version

Not sure how. The “stuur report” button is greyed out. Do I have to enable diagnostics somewhere first?

I had the same with my 55pus7181 Philips TV
I have sent a diagnostic report.
6176d372-8c86-4a8b-a941-ac4c75bda1e9

For me also same problem, can connect TV, TV also shows PIN, but when connected, the TV is not recognized in Homey.

I can connect but sometimes. The on off status will not trigger de device

I’ve had some time to debug and I gave up :slight_smile:
The request for <ip>:1926/6/notifychange fails for some reason using the ‘Needle’ HTTP client and It’s not throwing an error so the ‘catch’ block isn’t called to handle the error. The ‘then’ block is called, expecting to get data but crashes on trying to extract information from ‘undefined’.

2023-07-28T14:32:27.131Z [log] [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:philips-jointspace] [TV: <ip>] Error occured running notifyChanges TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'powerstate')
    at PhilipsTV.parseStateChanges (/drivers/philips-jointspace/device.js:427:16)
    at /drivers/philips-jointspace/device.js:446:16
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

I didn’t feel like finding out why the Needle library isn’t throwing the promise like it should so I just returned to the last working version which is using http.min. Problem is, Athom made the app validation a bit more strict and a slight error in the app.json is preventing it from running, I’ve created a pull request but in de mean time:

TL;DR:

1. Clone or download the beta branch from GitHub - lucasvdh/codes.lucasvdh.philips-jointspace: A Jointspace connector for Philips TV's supporting models up to 2018
  2. Remove the double ‘key_info’ line from app.json
  3. run ‘homey app install’.

App is working for me again for the first time in weeks :smiley:

Will it also update the on / off state

It does for me but I don’t know why Lucas changed the app so if it hasn’t worked for you before, it might not work now.

Vreemde waardes om het volume aan te passen met de slider.
Strange values to adjust the volume with the slider.
tv1
tv2
tv3

Niet getest. Laagste waarde is 100% en ik leef op goede voet met de buren… :grinning:

(v2.6.0 app)

1 Like

v2.6.0 doesn’t work for me: no TV is detected, and after entering a manual IP I go back to the “manual add” page where I just entered the IP. It’s the same as the last non-beta version I believe
Philips 75PML9506/12 TV, which worked before

@lucasvdh hi Lucas, any update on this?

@lucasvdh I see several pull requests on GitHub fixing several issues. Can you have a look / approve?

1 Like

having same problems with adding the tv, when it asks for IP i get the message
An unexpected error has occurred.

You could try the Android TV App, but that is also a bit buggy, sometimes turns my tv on /off on random moments. I do think that the Philips TV app isn’t working at all for everyone, so why is this still in the Appstore? Not a nice experience to have…

@lucasvdh can you please fix it, or just remove the app if you stopped developing for it.