[App][Pro] OpenWeather

The lastest test version is 1.1.10

I thinks it will be approved by Athom tomorrow.

The date is formatted by Homey core (NodeJS) based on Homey language.

Edit: The localized date will appear with the OWM app version 1.1.10 AND Homey Firmware from 7.4.0

2 Likes

Thanks to the multiple updates in this forumā€¦ That inspired me to create this API request to define ā€œNeerslagā€ precipitation

It is a 5 step tutorial and can be found here

Thanks @RobvandeGoor I stole some parts of your flowsā€¦

1 Like

The testversion 1.1.12 includes a fix for the timezone adaption on FW 7.4.x for teh AirQuality devices.

It would be nice if someone (perhaps @CorvanderNiet ) could test and give a short feedback if the date is correct now - for setting this version live. Thanks.

3 Likes

Yeah, that did the trick. Thank you Ronny

1 Like

Thanks for your test. Version 1.1.12 is live now.

4 Likes

I now have that update. Homey 7.4.1 And the time is right thanks

1 Like

We have reached 5000 installs :partying_face: :beers:

7 Likes

New test version: 1.1.13 including:

• Device option to deactivate the automatic polling.
    You can deactivate the automatic interval polling in device settings for the ā€œlocationā€ devices (weather and air quality).
  • Flow action for one time refresh of ā€œlocationā€ devices.
    With this flow action you can update the device date with a flow. This way you can choose the time for update like once a day a a defined time.

@Dennis_H74 Perhaps this could solve your problem with the changig data in forecast devices. I know, the data at morning is not closest some times. But this way you could add a second location (current weather) and a assigned forecast device. Deactivate the polling in device settings. Add a flow started a a wished time and use the flow action of the current weather device to update the data.
Caution: The processing of flow actions is asynchronous. So you canā€™t read the updated value in this flow. You need second flow with the ā€œdata has changedā€ trigger.

2 Likes

New test version 1.1.14:

• adjusted timezone handling for sunrise/sunset to be compatible with FW 7.4. It would be nice if someone with FW 7.4. could test if the time is displayed? Thanks.
  • some small bugfixes
1 Like

Tomorrow my Homey should be returning home from its short break in the East, then Iā€™m happy to test.

I checked the sunrise/sunset times in 1.1.14. Both are displayed correctly

2 Likes

I have FW 7.4
You mean this?

Tested with 1.1.12 and 1.1.14, same behaviour

These are the correct times for NL, or is that what you meant?

Ronny asked if someone could test if the times are still displayed with FW7.4 and 1.1.14, so thatā€™s what I did :grin:

Ah, I assumed they could be in the wrong timezone in v1.1.12 (I know, never assume :sweat_smile: )

Thanks @all for your test. If a time is shown ist good. If itā€™s the correct time for your timezone, itā€™s best :smile:
So it seems all is ok and Iā€™m waiting for Athom to rewiew the version tomorrow.

2 Likes

Version 1.1.14 is live now.
Only as reminder for all who want to update the ā€œCurrentā€ device manually.

Donā€™t know if this is the right topic, but Iā€™m a rookie with the values, itā€™s all very unclear to me.
I wanted to create flows for each sensor, to inform or warn me about bad or dangerous levels

I found this:

• Fine particulate matter (PM2.5)
    5 Ī¼g/m3 annual mean
    15 Ī¼g/m3 24-hour mean

• Coarse particulate matter (PM10)
    15 Ī¼g/m3 annual mean
    45 Ī¼g/m3 24-hour mean

• Ozone O3
    100 Ī¼g/m3, 8-hour daily maximum*
    60 Ī¼g/m3 8-hour mean, peak season**

• Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
    10 Ī¼g/m3 annual mean
    25 Ī¼g/m3 24-hour mean

• Sulfur dioxide (SO2)
    40 Ī¼g/m3 24-hour mean

In addition the link to the Wiki description of AQI definition:

An a short overview:

2 Likes

My installation V1.1.14 appears to have stopped reporting the 24 hour forecast maximum temperature and minimum temperature. Last update for those fields was 2 months ago !

Current Visibility is now 5 days old !

Anyone else having this issue ?

Andrew