[App][Pro] OpenWeather

I know the problem very well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’ve 1024MB memory model now, and still run 8 apps more than Homey can handle.
Problem is, some apps use 4MB, others use 45MB…
I enable apps only when I need them;
Quite a few apps I use, only have to do some checks at the start and end of the day. So why keep 'em running 24/7

How do you disable apps via flows? I could definitely use that, could some memory. I’ve delete about 5 apps just now, but it looks like the other apps just consume the recovered memory :rofl:

True, with few apps, they can use more memory each.
Enable ‘power user’ via …more > settings > experiments.
Then, under ‘System’ you’ll find app en-/disabling cards, along with a Homey restart card

As promised i made a donation to you for 15.00 euro’s

Many thanks, Henk :+1:

I notice my MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE is update wrong.

On my location this morning at 9.00 it started with 22.8 … … during the day it adjusted to 27

But all weather aaps in the early morning can say the max temp that day is 27 … so why does it start at 22.8 ???

I use the 0d prediction

Hope someone can advise since 23 degrees should be my “hitteplan” trigger :grimacing: ( should be triggered if the max day temp above 23 )

Hi @Dennis_H74

I can’t say how OWM is providing the data. It’s better so place such wuestions directly at OpenWeather.

My graph for max temp looks like this:

It seems at 0:00 it’sgetting the prediction. And during the day (after 12:00?) it’s converted to a “historical” or real data value.

Best would be to check the prediction at a fixed time and/or store this value in a variable if it’s needed later.
If the prediction is not correct, perhaps the 1d prediction could be better. The read it time based before 0:00 and store it in a variable. This way you are flexible to use the values in other flows.

Yeah annoying … had the same with the dutch KNMI app. During the day the MAx temp will rise

Darkweather ( r.i.p. ) worked fine and also the “open meteo” is showing the 27 in the morning.

I suppose its the data used.

Even if it is older data or newer … the max temp is 25+ for weeks now ( and coming days also )

So i am not sure where a prediction of 21 - 22 ( slowly rising ) is coming from at 8.00 a.m.

Hello Ronny,
You added Windgust to the app on my request, but it always shows 0.
According to other apps the wind gusts is now 38 but in your app it stays on 0
Can you check this.
Henk

Seems to work here, Henk

Hi @Henk_Bartels
can you send me a diagnostic report, please?
I’ve seen some error reports about invalid wind direction. Perhaps it’s your Homey, too. And perhaps this issue prevents the app to update further values.

@Henk_Bartels
Further question: Which device is affected? Current weather or a forecast (hourly, daily)?

New test version 1.3.6:

• fix for invalid wind direction causing app crashes if direction could not be converted into corresponding text (N, NO…).
1 Like

Hello Ronny,
Sorry for the delay.
I am using the Weerbericht actueel (Locatie)
Disgnostic Report=1B4B608C

Henk

Diagnostic report for the app please (app settings), not for Homey (that’s submitted to Athom) :slight_smile:

c1ac152f-1f2e-48df-87da-32398f3b40e8

Thanks.
But I can’t see any errors in the log. It seems the weather data contains a zero fo rwind gusts.

Can you please check the direct API call with this URL (using your lan/lot from device settings and your API key)?
If the field is zero or missing, then no wind gusts data is providey by OWM (or the used local weather service). You can send the response via PM, so I can take a loot at it, too.

https://api.openweathermap.org/data/3.0/onecall?lat={lat}&lon={lon}&appid={API key}

If you are using the “old” API key, you can exchange the /3.0/ with /2.5/

Hi RonnyW,
First of all, thank you for all the work you do.
I’m contacting you because I notice that you don’t offer a “UV index is above” card in the “And…” category. Could you please add it ? In any case, thanks again for your work!

Hi @Bastien welcome in the forum :slight_smile:

Yes, I’ll add the condition. Is was lost/forgotten. But you can use standard logic cards and the global tags of your wether device instead for now.

1 Like