[App][Pro] OpenWeather

Thank you @RonnyW for your quick reply and for taking my request into account. I will take note of your advice. :slightly_smiling_face:

A short feddback about the missing wind gust data from @Henk_Bartels

WIth the plain API result we found the reaason: The data does not contain wind gust for current weather.
It seems it depends on weather data provides by local weather services, used by OWM.
The hourly and daily forecasts are providing wind gust.
So only solution is to use hourly forecast (+1h) go get the closed prediction.

1 Like

I already wrote to OpenWeather why the WindGusts in not in the Actual data.
When i receive an answer i wil post it here

Hello, any idea how long it might take until the key is valid?

I don’t know. For me it was about 1 or 2 hours.
But only OpenWeather can give you detailled information.

Hello,
Got a reply from Openweathermap.
They can not give that data due to the fact that ther sources may not transmit data on current conditions in your location.
So only WindGust on the Hour forcast and not the current.

Henk

1 Like

Thanks for replying. It took some hours indeed, but now it my key works

New version(s):
1.3.7: Fix crash for missing capabilities
1.3.8: Fix crash for invalid wind direction (deprecated devices)

1 Like

Hi @RonnyW
Don’t know if the answer is in the previous 288 messages (didn’t read them all, sorry for that) but is it possible to change the location of an OWM-device or do I need to install a new device? Would like to change a device-location when I’m on vacation to receive the weather-forecast for that location instead of my home.

Thanks for your response

You can change the location in the settings of the “Weather, current / Weerbericht, actueel” device.

1 Like

Hi, I installed the OpenWeather app which shows a lot of cool parameters. In addition, I added a module with alerts. And here comes my question, what type of alerts are sent? Unfortunately, the alert card is very strange for me and it’s hard to understand it. Can anyone tell me what notifications I can count on? And my second question, if I receive a notification, can I create a flow that will send a message to users with the content of the warning? For example, that there will be a storm in a moment, or heavy rain?

The alers are only presented by OWM as a list of tags and description. There is no category like “storm”.
And it depends on weather data from the local weather service. For Germany you get german warnings and somtimes english version, too.

The OWM app just shows some warnings with capabilities for timestamp, tag, description and some additional capabilities that can be useful in flows (warning present, number of warnings).

An example you can find in API docs:
https://openweathermap.org/api/one-call-3

Do you know in which app I am able to get the alerts I mean? Or is it rather impossible?

You added the OWM ‘current weather/location’ device, right?
Then you added the warnings dehice assigned to the location.
So all is fine. You can now create a flow with a trigger “alarm turned on” from this weather alert device.
In the flow you can send a push message using the tokens from the device (time, description).
Just wait for an alert and check what content your local weather service is providing via OWM.

Thank you for your help, it explained a lot to me. I just received the first notification from aleretme on whatsapp about heavy rainfall. I’m waiting for the next :slight_smile:

New test version 1.3.12:

• Code cleanup for “Current Weather” device (free API).
    Please report any issues.
1 Like

New test version 1.3.14:

• Code cleanup for Onecall and AirQuality device.
    Please report any issues.
3 Likes

Just as example a weather alert:

API response:
grafik

Btw… this is an english alert for german request. So it depends on quality of your local weather provider used by OWM.

New live version: 1.4.0 and 1.4.1:

• stable version including the last code cleanups
  • small fix: check for invalid data in current weather (free API) device.

I cannot get this to work. I get an “owm.getURLGeocode is not a function” error. Anyone? Creditcard did go through, but if I add a device this is the error I get.