[APP][Pro] Netgear Router - Network control, Presence detection, Energy monitoring

Ah, I see. I have the app set to restart once a week so that’s why Access Control turns back on, goodness knows why Netgear was blocking devices though. I have alarms set to have several apps restart weekly or daily (Chromecast), I’ll remove the Netgear one and see if everything stays working.
Thanks for your reply

1 Like

Hi @Gruijter, i have recently been encountering a socket hang up error, for my orbi rbr750, would you so kind to help me out?

Have created an error report: 79eb798c-4fd4-45f4-be50-cb15cc0cfb86
Screenshot of the error from the app as attached as well

Only edits made on the router side is a firmware update and disabling of the AX features for both 2.4 and 5ghz.

I am also suffering from weird behavior.
From the log
log] 2022-11-01 15:55:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01 15:54:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01 15:53:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01 15:52:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01 15:51:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01 15:50:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01 15:49:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01 15:48:17 [netgear] [dev] Still busy. Skipping a poll
[log] 2022-11-01

And that happens after a x time after restarting the app, not more than a hiur or so.
So all device state polling gets stale fast.

276138dc-599c-4281-95d6-cea1da02721f

I had been having problems for a while which I am not convinced had anything to do with your app, the Device in Homey has stubbornly refused to stay online this past week. That is the worst it has been. Access control had been left on as your app turned it on anyway, for reasons still unknown my Nighthawk mesh was putting devices such as all the house phones onto the blocked list. I am moving away from MESH and back to AP using UniFi, mainly so that I can have separate 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands, not possible with the Netgear product. Whether the crash report provides any answers I don’t know. Thank you for your hard work, I fear that Netgear have let users down with some firmware updates

After seeking athom support due to a very unstable Philips Hue app and several weeks of digging through logs it turns out that its the netgear app that is causing my troubles with Homey. The app is now uninstalled and all my in stability with the Hue app and Homey itself have been resolved.

I have a Orbi RBR850 router that i had connected with the api.
It looks like the netgear app had a huge amount of crashes according to the athom support. The device busy log errors seem to indicate that it really locks up the network stack, and so causing other apps to have issues also.

I hope this info is useful because i prefer a more native solution like this one but for now i need to keep it uninstalled.

2 Likes