[APP][Pro] Motion Blinds

Arh just removed the IP and now it works💪🏼

1 Like

Hello Marco,

My apologies a bit off-topic but a quick question here.
How did you set up your venetian blinds? what type of motor did you use, just the standard motor from motion blinds?
I want to automate my non smart venetianblinds from Topjaloezieën.nl.
Thank you in advance, again my apologies for going off-topic! :sweat_smile: :blush:

If I’m correct then @Marco didn’t have Venetian blinds but a Duo rollerblind, which is basically a rollerblind with tilt control. It uses two layers of blinds with alternating transparent and non-transparent bars. The tilt control is used to align the transparent bars to let light in, or misalign them to have full cover.

These type of blinds can use a normal rollerblind motor to retrofit non smart duo blinds and make them smart.

Motion Blinds also provides true venetian blinds and top down bottom up blinds, but those can not be retrofitted. The motor parts are fitted into the cassette, so these are built smart from the ground up (figuratively speaking, gravity still applies :smile: ). I do not know of any Motion Blinds products that can be retrofitted to control existing Venetian blinds I’m afraid.

1 Like

Thank you for the information! I guess I’ll have to look elsewhere then. :blush:

Hallo Edwin, ik heb rolgordijnen met de Motion Blinds bediening maar het lukt me niet om ze allemaal met een commando of een flow gezamenlijk te openen of te sluiten. Heb jij een idee?

Hi, if you want to speak Dutch, please use the Motion Blinds NL thread, I’ll answer English here.

My Homey is turned off at the moment and I’m not near it so I cannot check.
Although Homey has flow cards for all devices of a type, I normally use the group app to combine devices:

Or I create flows that name all the individual devices. The reason is that more often that not, all is never really all. That way I can separate sunblinds and rollerblinds more easily for example.

Motion Blinds just teleased a new firmware version for the small white USB Motion Blinds Bridge (version A1.0.7_B0.1.6) that fixes AccessToken errors and problems where the bridge sometimes loses its settings.

1 Like

Is there a plan to add support to the blinds directly, without having to use a bridge?

Personally I won’t be making a direct RF connection without the bridge. I lack the documentation, skills, time and need to do so. The vendor did once plan to look into it together with Athom, but it proved more complicated than thought, so it was put on hold. Maybe at some point they will revisit the topic, but I would not hold out until they do.

Maybe there’s another app that can make them work w/o the bridge. I know that the Brel Home app connects directly to the Jysk Huglo shades.
I’d suggest you try all rollershade apps to see if one of them will work with Motion Blinds :slight_smile:

Thanks, I will!
If it doesn’t work, do I have to use the original bridge? I think it’s too expensive, over 100 EUR.

I’m pretty sure you do yes. But the small wi-fi bridge is only 50 EUR. But anyway, do try to see if you can find another app that handles rf signals :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hei
is there any chance that i can use this app with for conneting this to Homey?

Hunter Douglas PowerRise Duette (Luxaflex Powerview)

Brg
Stig H

As far as I can tell Luxaflex has it’s own system, which is not compatible with Motion Blinds.

Hei
ok thanks for reply.

Brg
Stig H

It would be nice if we could connect the blinds directly to Homey.
We do not want so much hubs/bridges for each seperate system that’s why we buyed Homey as it supports everything (Z-Wave, Zigbee. 433 mHz, infrared etc.)
So technically it should be possible to connect the Motionblinds directly to Homey.
Can you update the app so we can used it without the WiFi bridge.

Yes it would be nice. However I’m just an enthousiast. I built this in my spare time using documentation I found online, so I could use it for my own blinds. I have no documentation about the RF interface, which is more complicated than other integrations as it has two way communication. I also lack the knowledge how to write such an integration. So unfortunately I’m not able to build such an integration or support it if it would fail.

I am no longer able to support this app. Fortunately, @TedTolboom was so kind to take over this app, Thanks!

2 Likes

It seems like Coulisse comes with a version for the motionblinds with Matter.
https://www.nu.nl/tech/6245524/nederlands-motortje-dat-rolgordijnen-slim-maakt-wint-prestigieuze-techprijs.html

Yes indeed. I’m told they also support the old wifi bridge, for now that is still the only way to integrate them.