[APP][Pro] Misol and Ecowitt (Release 0.1.44, Test 0.1.45 )

Thanks, I sent a diags report (the “send log” option failed).
17446f97-f75a-4b6b-875d-9fac2008554a

OK, it looks like your Homey is having DNS issues so it can’t lookup my server address for the email.

For the “tempinf” parameter, that is displayed on the Weather Station and the tempf is on the T & H device.

What’s the fqdn of the server? I can’t find a block at first sight:

• 4:54:14.588:
    Send log error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 0.0.0.0:465
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1494:16)

The tempinf and empf usage would indeed be expected, but it actually looks like tempf is used for both devices. I see the same value on both, but inside it’s warmer than outside?

The domain name is ‘ady.duckdns.org’.
Unfortunately, if the tempf is used by both then the app will have no way to know.

What do you see in 'WS View" for the live data?

Could you send some screen grabs of the ‘WS View’ app showing the sensor ID section so I can see what each device has registered as.

I’m using the Ecowitt app, but I’m not sure what you mean with the SensorId?

BTW: Looks like ady.duckdns.org is blocked by the Oisd list (I’m using nextdns).
I resent a report. :slight_smile:

If you are using the mobile app, then on the screen where you see the station data, tap on the … in the top right and then select Sensor ID. That should show a list of possible devices and if you are connected to them.

Have you added the Gateway device as that should show the indoor information?

Thanks, that was it! Sorry, I missed that part completely, although I see it is even mentioned in the first post! :blush:

BTW: The SensorId menu option is grayed out for me, but that’s not relevant any more.

1 Like

Hi Adrian, EcoWitt recently presented the WittFlow, a smart water valve/timer.
How nice it would be if that would be supported in your app too.
Maybe in some near future? :pleading_face:
I wil buy the Wittboy soon and this thing would be a great and logical addition.

The app won’t be able to control the valve as it just parses the pushed sensor notifications.
I’m not sure if there is a separate API to control the valve.

If you want to but me one then I will see what I can do :wink:

Thanks for your swift reply…
This is a bit of an chicken/egg thing. I do not know yet if I’ll buy them.
There are some things to be cleared here first, before i decide. Homey-integration is just one. Some donation would be right, for sure, but not yet. But when i am going to use the wittboy and your app I will donate for that at least.
The valve works with the ecowitt wifi-hub, I see on their site. Would that be enough for you to make an educated guess if it could work?

The app will probably pick up the status information if it is broadcast like the other sensors but it has no facilities to send commands. If they provide an API to control it then I can add it, but I can’t find any information yet.

Thanks again Adrian.
I will simply ask them if they will provide such an API. Maybe ill get an answer :slight_smile: I’ll let you if I find out more….

1 Like

hello guys,

I use the Ecowitt Wittboy weather station and wanted to react in a flow when it starts to rain.

Now to my question: does a flow card have to be integrated, e.g. “WHEN it’s starts raining” or how did you solve that?

thanks

Have you tried the “The rain rate becomes greater than x mm/hr”, that way you decide what is considered to be rain.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your answer.
Yes I have already tried that.

This only works if it has only started to rain once within an hour. if it starts to rain several times during an hour, the flow only triggers rain the first time.

does the weather station indicate another time period, such as “rain per minute” or maybe even “starts to rain”?

Or do you have a completely different suggestion that I haven’t thought of yet?

The only other trigger is “The rain changed”. In theory that should trigger each time the ran valve changes. So if it keeps triggering then it’s raining and if it’s not raining then it won’t trigger.

1 Like

I didn’t try that because I thought it would trigger on every change, including “rain stops”.

thanks for your help

Hello Adrian, Ecowitt does not seem to know that their weatherstations and there moisture sensors can be integrated in Homey (using their GW1100 or GW2000). They tell me that -due to security-issues- they will not make controlling the water timer WFC01 by Homey possible within the near future.
But, if the WFC01 watertimer would somehow be added to the API of the W1100 and W2000, wouldn’t that be enough for your app? If only to open and close the valve?
EDIT: Support team of Ecowitt mailed me the following:
WFC01 works with GW2000 hub, and with the smart mode, it will be under GW2000’ s control, and other timer related control is pre-programed by the GW2000.
So in the future, there will be sort of API provided for accessing the GW2000 for valve control. This is still under planning, and more details will be revealed after this design is completed.
(…) security and reliability is of more concern at the moment.
So maybe I will buy the the valves anyway, control them with the Ecowitt hub for the time being and hope the Api wil not take too long… not sure yet…

Hi Adrian,

i have a problem with de Wittboy, it doesnt receive anymore. so i have removed evrything from the homey and reinstall it. but he aint seeing the gateway or weather station.