[APP][Pro] Misol and Ecowitt (Release 0.1.44, Test 0.1.45 )

@Adrian_Rockall

I integrated Ecowitt station on Homey following your guide. if now I wanted to integrate it into Home Assistant, I read that I have to use a different port … so you have to choose between Homey and HA? thk

Yes, the station can only send to one local device, so you’ll have to choose one.

1 Like

I am considering buying a weather station, but searching the Homey forum made me wonder about compatibility. There seem to be many generic stations out there that sometimes even look suspiciously similar, all using 868 MHz and supporting Weatherunderground. Do most of these stations use the same standard protocol, probably allowing them to be used with this App?

Examples:

Also this Ecowitt has an integrated gateway in the display ( WS2910), would that work as well?

For this app they station needs to support local communications via the bridge / station. The only one that I believe will work is the last one (Ecowitt).
The app doesn’t communicate directly over the 868 MHz radio.

@Adrian_Rockall Thanks! So if a weather station gateway supports Weather Underground/Weather Cloud/AWEKAS it does not automatically mean that this App can talk to it (=not all rebranded gateways use similar hardware)?

I ordered the Bresser Wlan Comfort station, it was just €129 at the moment. Let’s see how the integrated gateway in the display works. But I should at least be able to use Weather Underground over the internet, is that correct?

The Misol and Ecowitt app uses a direct WiFi connection to the hub which is also supported by some Ambient weather stations.
If the device supports Weather Underground then you can use that app to connect to your WU account.

1 Like

I cancelled the Bresser weather station and went for the Ecowitt WS2910 instead (€155). It just arrived and I configured and updated it, configured it to report to Homey and I have a working Weather station in Homey! :slight_smile:

In case anyone wonders where to find the config page in the Ecowitt app (Android):
From Weather Station - Select 3 dots at right - Others - DIY Upload Servers - Customized - Set Homey Name/IP + port 7777 and wait for it to report to the Homey App.

@Adrian_Rockall Thanks for this great app!

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall WS90 is fully supported? Yesterday I have successfully added GW1100 with 3 Soilmoisture sensors 433MHz (I cannot buy 868MHz Europe version) and it works great. Now I would like to add WS90 sensor array.

It should work provided it uses the same frequency as the gateway.

Yes, I will buy 433MHz. I would like to know, if I can use for example wind speed and direction parameters in Homey flows, is it possible? What kind of variables I can use in HP2023 (using your Misol&Ecowitt app)?

All the reported capabilities are available as triggers (When) cards in Flows and can be uses as tags in the logic cards.

Just 2 questions about the values displayed on the device.

Is it possible to:

• Round the displayed Luminance (lx) to INT?
  • Change/Add Wind angle to Wind Direction (e.g. NE instead of xxx degrees). A lot easier to interpret when viewed at a glance.

I will change the luminance in the next update.
The weather station should already have the wind direction

1 Like

Great, thanks!

I overlooked “Wind Direction”, it is near the bottom on my device:

Is there any way I can move it up (swap with “Wind angle”)?

They appear in th order they are added. If you added that device before that capability was available then it gets added to the end.
I think if you delete the device and add it again then it will be next to the angle, but it will break any Flows that uses it.

Tried to re-add the device, but they still show up in the same order. And that step also removed existing insights of course.

Anyway. it’s not a big deal.

Is it possible to add the indoor temperature/himidity to the device as well? I enabled reporting for it, and it shows up in the app config json but not on the device itself. Or do I have to remove/add the device again (hoping not to because I will loose Insights again…).

It would be added as a separate device in Homey.

1 Like

Mmmm… when I add an additional T & H device in Homey, it displays the outdoor T&H? No other device can be found.

I will have a look when I get home. Could you send me the log so I can run it through my simulator.