[APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump

Ok, you raised your case!

What’s strange is that the peaks are not everyday, but when it happens it’s more or less at the same time. Shouldn’t be stuck since the queries are refreshed.

Can you install the test version and tell me if the issue gets solved with it?

@m.plo.b, bonus question: does your app stop also on the days without peak, or only on those with peaks?

test version installed now.

and cannot really reliably answer your question … when it started happening afew weeks ago (?) I installed a flow to restart the app nightly (at 5 am local time, so 3 am UTC). the restart seemed to help most of the time (but as you can see in the last diagram it still did not work after 5 here) … maybe the restart also causes the peak around this time?

Let’s see with the new version and stopping the daily app restart. Don’t hesitate to update me.

@m.plo.b, by the way I asked other developers: it’s probably a local issue, either from your Homey or your router/name server.

Happens in this form with MELCloud since the app relies on an external API.
I don’t experience the issue myself, but some have heard about this issue with other apps too.

theoretically possible … but isn’t it still then an app issue (kind of “wrong” error handling, or some handling of edge cases), if a restart of the app seems to resolve the issue usually …

I’ll keep an eye on it (after update and stopping the restarts).

Totally agreed that this is an issue.

The question is how to solve it, and in this case it’s not at the app level. It’s rather a hardware or OS issue.

1 Like

@m.plo.b, @Ringler & others, I found a definitive workaround which should avoid sync issues. Will deploy soon!

@m.plo.b, @Ringler,

Should definitively solve any sync issue: MELCloud | Homey

You probably need to stop automating the app restart in case you do so.

1 Like

Hi!

I’ve seem to have lost the ability to set and retrieve running mode (heat, cool etc), since a couple of days. Think it started with the latest update. I notice that there is no such capability in Developer Tools. Do I need to delete and re-add the device? Using Melcloud with a Mitsubishi air-to-air pump.

Regards,
Niclas

Hi @Niclas,

It is expected that there is some change but it should affect only the flows: [APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump - #264 by OlivierZal

If you have an air-to-air device, operation_mode is merged with thermostat_mode.

Can you share screenshots? Recreating your devices should solve the issue, but you should’t have to do so.

Hi!

Forgot to mention that it’s indeed flows that has stopped working. But I notice now that I need to use thermostat mode. Seems to work fine.

1 Like

Hi,

Since a few updates it seems that my air to air unit no longer shows up as having a thermostat, i still have the screen where i can set the temperature however the device no longer shows up in the homey climate tab and the status indicator no longer shows the thermostat function, i don’t know whether or not this is supposed to be this way, but i can select a status indicator however not the actual thermostat one like it had before.

Hi @Thom_Balk, very strange, never seen that… I’ll contact you in DM so I can debug.

Concerning the fact that the devices don’t show anymore under the climate: it’s an issue I’ve raised to the Athom team.

Just to be sure to understand: when you say you don’t see the thermostat anymore, do you mean the orange / blue color on top right (this is point isn’t up to me, it’s related to the way Athom deals with heat pump devices), or do you mean you even don’t see any thermostat mode to select?

Hi,

When i say i don’t see the thermostat i mean that i do not see the circle that is either blue/orange/gray in the devices tab next to the device icon, i do still have the screen with the temperature controls when i open the device from the devices tab

Oh ok, so it’s what is expected as per current behaviour decided by Athom, I’ve contacted them and invited them to align heat pump on thermostat.

Hi everyone,

Just a word to say that Athom has just released (or will release very soon) a lot of new standard capabilities, like fan_speed, hot_water_mode, etc.

In the next upcoming release I will switch to them so everyone can benefit from them. It should have an impact on some of your flows.

King regards

2 Likes

Before the release I’ve talked about in my previous message, here’s a new version in testing: MELCloud | Homey

Here’s the changelog:

Version 39.0.0 — In the app settings: You can now view detailed settings for each zone (building, area, and floor) and apply bulk changes to air-to-air device settings across zones.