[APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump

Many thanks! UR the greatest. Best stress release in weeks!

1 Like

Thanks for the ultra fast response and fix ! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for amazing fast fix and response you are by far the absolute best developer related to homey apps thanks again :+1:

1 Like

FYI, I informed Athom that heat pumps cannot be found under climate control (it’s not up to me to do so).

Hi, after the last Melcloud update 37.0.8 the tempsensor in my airco units show the same temperature. This way i cannot use the tempsensor to turn them on or off.

Also the outside temparature says 39 degrees 10days ago.

Amyone else having this issue?
How can i contact the app developer?

Seek and ye shall find …:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi @Wilhelmus, I’ll contact you in DM.

Very helpfull. And yes i did seeked before posting and didnt find it. Whats wrong with asking?

Never mind. The app developer was so nice to respond.

Cheers

Thx,

I also noticed that the speedbar in the app, opens now with speed 0, while its set to 4 or 5 and running.

So it does not pick-up the current speedsetting.

I have the same issue as some others. In my case, the actual room temperature is not updated anymore. If I restart the app, it does change the room temperature to the right one (which I see in Melcloud original app). My homey melcloud app version is 37.0.8. Did I overread a solution for this? Thanks for the help from the community/ or Olivier. Olivier, thank you again for your constant excellent support on this app.

Hi @Ringler, I don’t encounter the issue myself, and when I investigated with @Wilhelmus his issue, a restart of the app seems to have solved it.

@Wilhelmus, is it permanently fixed on your side?

same issue here, after some time, values are no longer updating. only restart of app helps.

@Ringler, @m.plo.b and anyone encountering this issue, in order to investigate I would need the elements you rely on for such an assertion, and also the diagnostics report from the MELCloud app in Homey (only when you observe that values are stuck).

Hi everyone,

For an upcoming release I would need owners of an air-to-air heatpump which doesn’t handle all the modes (e.g. which doesn’t handle cooling, drying, or faning, etc.).

Can such owners contact me in direct message? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

In an upcoming release, I’ll fix a small design issue, which should not have impacted device management but maybe it will fix some sync issues at the same time.

I also invite to pay attention that this will be a major release, with possible breaking changes: indeed Homey’s last firmware 12.0.1 now allows to customize thermostat mode values, so I can now merge thermostat mode and operation mode capabilities for air-to-air devices (see one of the first question in this thread: [APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump - #3 by OlivierZal), and ease management and maintenance for air-to-water devices. Maybe you’ll have to update or recreate some flow (it should once and for all).

Kind regards

For those who want to test: MELCloud | Homey

Note that Homey firmware 12.0.1 is required.

diagnostics code 9bb9605b-9589-48be-b712-211b31a3ea0a

Hi @OlivierZal, according to the logs, there are punctual errors coming from the MELCloud API (DNS resolution issue), not from the Homey app.

Can you please try this test version? MELCloud | Homey

If you created a flow restarting the app regularly, please deactivate it, since it could have some impact making the MELCloud API block your account for some time.

@m.plo.b, can you please share with me CPU usage of your Homey and the MELCloud Homey app in particular around:

• August 26 2:30 AM (+/- 5 minutes)
  • August 27 2:30 AM (+/- 5 minutes)
  • August 29 3:00 AM (+/- 5 minutes)

Also, what let you deduce the values stop updating, have you any screenshot to share? Would be very helpful.

I assume your time values are maybe UTC, because 2 hours later (UTC+02:00 here) I have indeed CPU peaks:

and for the stopping of updating values, e.g. compare the following 2 diagrams:

• both show outdoor temperature
  • 1st is separate sensor
  • 2nd is heat pump outdoor unit sensor
  • the differ sometimes (because located differently), that’s ok
  • but for heat pump you see: it stops changing around 04:00, and then sudden increase around 13:00 when I restarted

(other oberservation is e.g. the water tank temperature which usually decreases slowly over the day at a reate of few degrees per 24h … but this also stops).