[APP][Pro] Led It Be (Not compatible with Homey Pro 2023)

Led It Be - A highly configurable screensaver

Useful links

Usage

In the LED Ring section of the settings, set Led It Be as your screensaver . The effects will be visible once the screensaver kicks in, and keep on running while the screensaver is active.

Features

• Configure the screensaver to resemble the state of your home, such as “Armed” or “All lights off”,
  • Use one of the provided patterns, such as “Lighthouse” or “Stroboscope” for visual effects,
  • Use the color picker from the flows editor to select any RGB color you want.

Supported Languages:

• :uk: English
  • :netherlands: Dutch

Contributions
If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution
or buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me

image ko-fiimage

:computer: Apps made by @martijnpoppen

See for more apps link below :point_down:t2: or just open the pull down.

1 Like

Placeholder 1

Placeholder 2

Placeholder 3

Does it work? I tried it by making a flow and running it but nothing happens…

*edit Ah ok, I have to set screensave to Led It Be first before running the script!

Hi, works fine, even had fun with a blue/red strobo!

so i trigger a new leditbe, by a flow, no issue

but how to set a timer on it? it is not listed in the timer card
i want to avoid having another flow just to set it back to my “daytoday patern”

Yeah I understand your use case, but a separate flow is currently the only way to achieve that. I’ve created this app mainly to reflect the state of my home, continuously. I do like this feature though, so good chance that I’m going to add something like that soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just updated to Homey V5 and I installed this app to replace the Led ring collection app. But I have no option to set the screensaver to ‘Led it be’ in the settings. I only have the options “Spectrum, Pulsate, Off and Weather”

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

e66931c7-c016-42e0-9472-b68ee9b6ebed

Hi there, is it possible to decrease the speed of an effect?

Hello,

As many users probably have noticed, I haven’t had the time to maintain this app properly. If there’s a developer who wants to take over, please DM me and if I have a good feeling about it, we can discuss transferring the app.

Thanks.

Bob.

Hey @BobKersten ,
If you want I can take over LedItBe. I already maintain the ledring collection app. So would be nice to have them both :wink:

1 Like

@Dijker This app is transferred to me. Can you merge this topic into: [APP][PRO] - Led It Be ?

Thanks! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi @martijnpoppen!
Which of the two apps leditbe and ledring collection is the less CPU/memory consumption one?
I only use 5 screensavers from the ledring collection.

1 Like

Hey @Anders_Gregow
They are both equally on usage.

For led ling collection you can disable the screensaver you dont use in the app settings

1 Like

New app update (test: 2.0.0):

• BREAK: update to Homey SDK 3
1 Like

New app update (live: 2.0.0):

• BREAK: update to Homey SDK 3

This will update the Led It Be app to Homey SDK 3. This prevents the app from being hidden in the app store from 01-01-2023.

However this will not mean that this app is available for the new Homey Pro 2023.
Unfortunately the ledring of the new Homey Pro 2023 is not configurable.

This app will stay and will be available only for the White Homey ball.

New app update (live: 2.0.2):

• FIX: Set compatibility for Homey 2023 (prevent app crash)
1 Like

Hmm I get an error after the update @martijnpoppen? Updated the app and restarted the app also. (Did not try restarting Homey yet)

1 Like

Will have a look @Sjoerd1 !