[APP][Pro] IcalCalendar

A whole day event starts and stops at 00:00. You can of course set the event to start at 12:00 one day and 12:00 another day

Thanks for the explanation. Can I do something about it to get it working?

I can’t help you with this I’m afraid. This is something that has to be solved by your calendar provider

Hi there,

So I am using the iCal app and it is working great, I use it to send myself a whatsapp message 1 hour before the event starts. however I would really like to send myself a whatsapp message on the night before about all events for the following day. is there anyway to achieve this? I cant seem to figure this out.

Yes there is :+1:

The IcalCalendar app exposes several global tokens (tags) that can be used in any flow card as input.

The token (tag) you are asking for is called Tomorrows events, title and time.
All the available global tokens (tags) can be found here: GitHub - runely/calendar-homey: Gives Homey flow cards to trigger on your calendar events

1 Like

Works perfect! thanks!

Only thing left is that I would like to convert the returned events into a message style.
So now I receive "event1 ; Full day; event2; 13:00 till 15:00; etc etc.

Do you know if there is any way to convert this csv style message into a proper styled message that I can send to my phone?

That’s not something that IcalCalendar can help you with. You can probably do this with HomeyScript for instance

1 Like

For anyone else trying to achieve this or something similar
I have managed to get it done with the homeyscript run code with argument card.
I am sure the code could be written much more efficient but this is the best I could do.
For anyone interested here is the code I wrote:

let text = args.toString(); 
var e = 0
const result1 = text.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 2 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result2 = result1.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 3 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result3 = result2.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 4 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result4 = result3.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 5 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result5 = result4.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 6 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result6 = result5.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 7 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result7 = result6.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 8 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result8 = result7.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 9 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result9 = result8.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 10 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result10 = result9.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 10 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result11 = result10.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 10 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result12 = result11.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 10 ? '\n' : match)
var e = 0
const result13 = result12.replace(/; /g, match => ++e === 10 ? '\n' : match)
let final = result13.replace(/;/g, " -");
await tag('WH Message Rik', final);
1 Like

In the newly released version 2.7.1 adjustable synchronization is implemented.

You can enable/disable automatic synchronization. You can also change the interval by specifying a cron expression.

If automatic synchronization is disabled, calendars will only be synchronized when the action card Sync calendars is called in a flow

2 Likes

That is awesome, thank you!! I’ve made a check when the CPU load is too high, and now I can skip syncing the calendars at the peak CPU times.

1 Like

The app used to work quite well. Just recently I realized that since some unknown period of time, some of my calendar related flows did no longer work. When looking at the app settings a few minutes ago, I realized the following error message

“Loading the ics file(s) has failed:
Uri errors
Familie: (name ||”‘’). toLowerCase is not a function"

Any idea how to resolve this?
I tried to delete the respective calendar and re-add it but the message remains. Thx!

No idea to be honest. But you also used ‘fresh’ url or re-used the one you had? Any changes in the calendar you are using?

Seems I found the resolution.
Asked my web calendar to refresh the url and copied that one. Now it seems to work again. Somehow it did no longer like to old url even when removing and re-adding it.

HI, thanks for the great app! really love it and helps with various automation activities.

I do have a bit of a challenge with recurring events, and was reading in the notes, that many improvements have been made already.

My issue is the following:

I have a recurring event, which during import gets imported correctly. If however I remove one of those events from my agenda (remove occurrence, not the whole series), during import into Homey, this occurrence doesn’t get deleted is seems. If I add a separate event with the exact same content it recognizes it, and if I delete the separate made event or the whole series, the event is indeed no longer there also in the ical app in Homey.

So it seems that removing an occurrence from outlook from a series, does not remove it in your app. Or maybe I am doing something wrong? I did notice you had some improvement with respect to moving an occurrence in a series. maybe this is different somehow?

One thing that might impact this is the start-time of the recurring series? Maybe the import window does not work if the recurring event started months ago?

I remove single occurences from a series of recurring events regularly and this works as it should.

I tried:

• To create a new recurring series in Outlook that had its starting point a year back
  • To create a new recurring series in Outlook that had its starting point a week in the future
  • To create a new recurring series in Gmail that had its starting point a year back
  • To create a new recurring series in Gmail that had its starting point a week in the future

And then i removed a single event from all series on the same day, and they all were removed from IcalCalendar.

So i’m sorry, i cant reproduce this

Ok, than I have to try it again, and see what happens.

did you try this also with all day recurring events? I am getting very different results, can’t pin down when it works and when not. Still trying different instantiations. by the way, individual events works fine (with exactly the same text.

My issue is in outlook by the way (corporate exchange)

I did not try with all day recurring events. Tried it now and this i can reproduce.

I’ll look into it when I get the chance

Thanks. No hurry, as I will use single events till then, also good to know that it indeed is a bug and that I can stop trouble shooting :crazy_face:. Thanks for checking :+1:t2::+1:t2:

After looking a little into this, i can only reproduce this problem with Outlook (Exchange) calendars.