[APP][Pro] ELKO Smart (deprecated)

Try to set the wired mode and restart homey

Unfortunately that did not work. Other suggestions?

Elko devices like SmartBryter connects without a problem…

Had no sucsess fixing the Elko dimmers in the app but after adding devices I changed the setting to “with natural wire” and then restarted the Homey Pro. All my Elko dimmers works perfekt after that…

That did the trick!

Adding the device, go to the device’s settings, then advanced settings, and set the wire mode with neutral - and restart Homey.

Maybe I misunderstood the previous suggestion.
Anyway, thanks :blush:

I got Homey Pro Early 2023. I did manage to add Elko Thermostat without problems but i can not add Elko Dimmer 316 GLED dimmer. Steps that i am following are:

1. Open Homey Pro and select Elko app
  2. Selecting the right Dimmer "316 GLED Dimmer RF PF
    3.Connecting
    4.On the dimmer long press “trykkbrytter” til it blinks 1 time then press Dimmer button
  3. I can see that device it is blinking green but nothing shows up on homey app. No error or no connection at all!

Is this bug or i am doing something wrong?
I have same dimmer at another house with homey pro 2019 and everything works perfekt.

Thanks for help

Hi All,

I have read through the thread here, and forgive me if I am asking an obvious question. Can I connect the thermostats and dimmers to both be used in the Elko Smart App, together with the Elko Gateway. And also be visible in the Homey Pro? Or do the devices need to either be connected to Elko Gateway and Elko Smart App, or connected to the Homey Pro.

I guess what I am saying is where to pair the devices so they can be used both places in Homey Pro App and Elko Smart App.

Thanks.

Hello,

I have an Elko smart plug 16A. Occasionally, the device appears as “gray” in Homey, and the error message “timeout” appears. I have to physically reset the plug to make it available again.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

I don’t think so. The devices can only be connected to one controller, and Homey is that controller for its own network. There are apps that support devices through another hub or controller, like the Philips Hue app, over the local network (not zigbee). But there is also a different app which supports Hue devices connected directly to Homey. The Elko app only supports Elko devices connected directly to Homey. If there is an API for the Elko hub available, an app could be made to support that as well.

I don’t know if this has been solved, see [APP][Pro] ELKO Smart - #289 by mteriksen - I have not had the time to try myself, so my new Homey is still in its box. Hopefully Elko is working on it. Or Athom, if it’s a Zigbee framework or driver issue.

Hi
I haven’t tested it yet! New homey is on my village cabin! i will try to change channel for zigbee, because at the moment is on 25 channel, and in my old homey 2019 is at Channel 11. Hope that will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 of 7 dimmers stopped responding to commands. After updating to the last version of Homey I cant seem to be able to add products anymore. I have tried to reinstall the app and reboot both the app and Homey (2019) several times. The products are stuck as Loading… but nothing happens over time.

Hi all

I have a bought a home full with Elko Smart products (dimmers, termostats, smartswitches which are all compatible with the Elko Smart app). I have a (factory reset) Homey Pro 2019. The problem I face is that I cannot connect any of the Elko products to the Homey. Right now, I only have a Yale Doorman, Bose soundtouch speaker, and a Fibaro button connected (=no Zigbee products).

All different Elko products is recognized by the app, but it fails to connect and just spins at " Device is being added". I have tried the following without any luck:

-Reset the dimmers and termostats to factory reset
-Played around with the Zigbee channels 11-14. (Wifi 2.4ghz, channel 7, bandwidth 20)
-Reset the Zigbee network in the Homey developer app
-Restarted the Homey in the Homey developer app
-Restarted the Elko Smart app
-Held the Homey just a few centimeters away from the dimmer

Does anyone has any idea on how I can hook up the devices to the Homey?

Milllion thanks in advance

I have never had a problem connecting on channel 11, so at least that should be a safe choice. They do not need to be in close proximity. To eliminate any problem with the Elko app (I expect that is not the case though) you can try to add as generic Zigbee device under the “Homey” app in the add device menu.

Since ELKO launched the official app today, I decided to celebrate by unboxing my new pro2023 and try to connect.

At first I was unsuccessful with the 316GLED. The app would say “adding device”, but give up after a while. Then I tried the Super TR RF, and got the same error. Then I discovered that the screen kept showing “Scanning 20”, and slowly counted down. I suddenly realised this could be the channel it was scanning, and not a timer. So I checked the channel of my Homey, which was 15. I waited until the screen said “Scanning 15”, and tried to add it again, and now it worked. Then I tried to add the 316GLED again, and now that worked!

It is incredible how much faster the response from the dimmer is with the new homey. I will slowly migrate my devices over, since both Elko and HomeKit(ty) apps are new, but it is looking good!

1 Like

Please discuss the New Official App in the correct Topic: [APP] ELKO Smart - Smart, right?

1 Like

Thank you Axel for you previous reply, and for sharing the above about the “Scanning 20”. One of mine is stuck at “Scanning 1”. Maybe this is interferring the other devices I try to pair? Does anyone know how to turn off the scanning? The Elko manual is not very helpful

I have 316 GLED (ZigBee) working with Homey Pro 2023. I have explained the pairing procedure somewhere in this thread.

I have an Elko super termostat that used to be connected with SmartThings. but Homey pro 2016-2019 just can’t find it no matter what I do, changing Zigbee channel, 11. 12. 14. 21. Reset both Homey and termostat. Any tip what else may help? Is it anything to do with hardware or firmware on the termostat? Appreciated!

Hello, may I get a copy of the new firmware. I can’t find it anywhere.

here is the firmware 1.2.6 for the Elco super thermostat
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xznymqn4h2nki376fzyt7/prog_ELKO-Super_v1.2.6R.zip?rlkey=e3obkqamdpwawxgexboklrizz&dl=0

1 Like