[APP][Pro] Easee charger - Small. Smart. Full of power

Dear all,

I’m wondering the following (and my apologies if this or something similar is asked before in advance):
I’ve hooked up my Easee charger to my Nissan Leaf and would like to charge it as “smart” as possible obviously. As far as I can see I have to set the SoC manually in the Tibber app in order to sort of get a smart charge, but this is kind of a horrible user experience…

To make things a bit easier (in theory atleast :innocent:) I am wondering if it would be possible to use the Easee + Homey app in a way to set up a few flows that set the SoC that Tibber uses to determine its charging cycle.

For example, I would like to create a flow that once activated sets the SoC to 50% (in case I’d like to top up the car with 50% charge) and commands the charger to start a charging session based on this SoC. In that case I could have a few option to lets say charge the car with 20 / 50 / 80% or so without the need to constantly go into the tibber app and change the SoC.

Thank you very much in advance for any tips or pointers.

Hello

For the last few days I have had problems with the Access token.
Error: Access token expired (401)
at invoke (/app/lib/Easee.js:646:35)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)

Works again for a short period (hours) when I reconnect.

Anyone have a solution to this?

I see the same, as I have script checking the device availability - Easee charger for last 7 days or so every…2 hours or so being unresponsive…app restart solves it.

I’m trying to recreate the problem but not successful so far.
Checked the auth token we get from Easee, and it is still valid for 24h.

Do you have any other integrations which generate tokens with the Easee API?

Then again, there is no release since 17th of May of the app, so any recent changes must be things broken on the Easee side. But no comments from the HA guys on the slack channel, and they are typically quick to comment. Then they use SignalR which we don’t - so not exactly the same usage.

@Ola_Skjaak, @Sharkys If you check the stats on the app level. App / configure. Do you see the 401 errors on only a particular API or across the board?

I suspect some changes on their side as well

I do not, because when device (Easee) will not get updated eg. Voltage, the app will automatically get restarted via the script/check … I would need to disable it and check later

Btw, seems they will be shutting down some old API servers… not sure if it’s just coincidence?

Thank you for looking at this. I have flow that controls the charger after solar cell production (minus value on the meter) so there is a lot of control of the charger, especially on days with light clouds.

I don’t have any other integrations against Easee.

I have no idea about this, but I have generated a diagnostic report if that helps.
0c707a18-935b-414a-a6b0-0b6764c0b9fa

Pushed a test version yesterday that improves the logging when we get a 401. I’m curious to see if we get 401 across all APIs or it is a particular API.

1 Like

be20f441-4872-4b29-810e-b60d932d4ed5

Hi Richard,

I see following in the API error log - when I restart Easee Home app, it’s OKay again for few hours…

2023-07-05T17:05:11.538Z
Error: get ‘/state/REDACTEDSN/observations?ids=31,48,109,111,112,113,114,120,121,124,182,183,184,185,194,250’: Access token expired (401)
at invoke (/app/lib/Easee.js:662:35)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)

I have posted on the Easee slack channel, lets see what they say.
I see in the diag report I got that it is across the board, all API endpoints.

Still don’t see the problem on my Homey. But what you who have the problem have in common seem to be that you do load balancing using the circuit setting.
(I’ll actually switch away from Tibber in two weeks time and will have to do my own load balancing as well)

I can of course change the logic in the app to refresh the token each 30 mins or so. Lets see what, if anything, Easee comments on slack.

1 Like

Just maybe one additional point - this happens I guess for sure when the charger is not used,then the updates (eg. voltage) stop working - today it was 17hours without update. So far I have script, which restart app when the voltage is not updated for 1 hour and this is working fine…also I didn’t observe such issue eg. 3-4 weeks ago (or something like that), it was working flawlessly so I assume Easee changed something on their side.

And also the timeout occurs fully randomly

A quick reply from Easee :slight_smile:
Tokens are no longer valid 24 hours, they are valid for 1 hour :cold_face:
I must have checked the refresh_token when I verified it to still be 24 hours, since when I check the access_token now it is valid for only 1 hour.

Will ship a test version asap with updated timer.

1 Like

I just updated the app, but I still get “Access token expired”. When trying to reconnect to Easee Cloud API I get ‘Could not start maintenance action’. I have tried to restart the app as well.

Error report from app: 645e6520-f05a-4d31-ac8c-72259b901ea0

Seem to be another problem though “Username or password is invalid”

Generating new access token
Error: Login failed! Call '/api/accounts/login' failed, HTTP status code '400', and message '{
  errorCode: 100,
  errorCodeName: 'InvalidUserPassword',
  type: null,
  title: 'Username or password is invalid',
  detail: '[Empty in production]',
  instance: null,
  extensions: {}
}'
    at /lib/loginHelper.js:98:39
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

Ah, makes sense. By chance I changed the password on my Easee account (and a lot of other services) while the token issue was ongoing. Changed back to the previous password for Easee now, and it started working again.

App improvement? Should be able to reconnect with new password after changing password on Easee platform.

Hi, looking for a solution to monitor and restart app if e.g. equalizer power report has stopped updating for a given time. I have found out that to robustify my smart home power control I need to automatically restart app and/or send push notification when it hangs. Any chance you would share your script? Also my equalizer is updating with superslow interval, any solution to force update every 30 sec or so?

I’m using this, usually it helps me to detect problem with any devices

1 Like

Thank you Richard, so far everything is okay :+1: