[APP][PRO] Dyson Fans

Great!! thx

This is great, thank you very much, am running it on a Dyson Link Pure Cool.
Now I can finally activate/de-activate the Dyson based on PM2.5&PM10.

I am only seeing some inconsistencies in the VOC value, it does not correspond with the values in the Dyson app?
How often are the sensors updated, I sometimes see NO2 values from 4 hours ago, don’t know how to update the value.
Is it also possible to get the total air quality value with the dominant pollutant, like in the Dyson app? (Good, Fair, Poor, Very Poor, …)

Hi Ri_Bu,

De sensors are continuously updated (about every 10 seconds). However if the device does not report a -different- value, it will show up in Homey as ‘last updated’ a longer time ago.

The values you see for VOC and NO2 are the actual values that are reported by the device. The Dyson mobile app does some kind of unknown calculation on them to put them into a scale from 1-9.

At some point I hope to give more meaning to these values by converting them to their commonly used unit of measurement (particles per billion), but at this time i’m unsure if that’s even possible.

The overall air quality is also something the Dyson mobile app calculates and isn’t provided by the device. I have therefore created a custom implementation for overall air quality which is available to you as a measure with a scale from 1-10, with 10 being perfect air quality.

Cheers,

Mark

@1400 As reported earlier, your app works great. How can we make a donation ?

Nothing urgent or critical, but I would love a button to set a timer similar to what we have on the remote.

Your app and my Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool™ HP09 used to work very well but after my Homey Pro got disconnected from power, I could not control it anymore, and my Dyson was reported as disconnected. Since then, I could not get it to work anymore.

This is what I tried:
a) Keep your app and just remove the fan and try to add it again => no success
b) Uninstall “Dyson Fans” from Homey Pro, re-install it and try to add the fan again => no success
c) Remove the device from the Official Dyson App and re-add it and only then try again from “Dyson fans” app => no success

I was always connected to the same Wifi network than my Dyson and Homey but each time it says “No new devices have been found”

Hi @Didier_SmartHome,

My own fans often disconnect from power because I turn off most electricity when I leave my house. Losing and regaining power shouldn’t be an issue because the app automatically discovers your devices again when they come back online.

What exactly do you mean by no success? Was the device not visible when trying to add it? Were you able to select the device but was it not added? Did you successfully add the device but it then showed as disconnected?

Otherwise I would need some more information to help you.

Cheers, Mark

Thank you @1400

It keeps saying “No new devices have been found”

I just sent you the diagnostic logs by private message.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Didier

Hi. I get error 404 with the link to the app. Was it removed?

Hi,

Yesterday I submitted a version 1.0 of the app for review with Athom to publish to Live. I was unaware this would remove the test version page. As soon as the review is completed by Athom, the App should be publicly available and you won’t need the test link anymore.

I’ll update this post once I get notified that the review is completed.

Cheers, Mark

Version 1.0 has just been approved by Athom and is now publicly available!

2 Likes

This happens only if there is no approved live version yet.
Until first live version, all test versions need an approval. If you create a new version, it also needs an approval.
Now you have a live version and following test versions can be installed directly from the store. Only next live version needs an approval if something store relevant changes (flows, capabilities, all stuff shown in version details).

Just wanted to keep everyone updated in case you face a similar issue in the future.

mDNS was allowed on my network but my Dyson fan was not broadcasting it anymore. It got fixed by unplugging and re-plugging the fan from power.
I never thought of unplugging the fan from power because I was doing a factory reset of the fan between each test until I read someone else having a similar problem with another type of device.

To troubleshoot, I checked all mDNS records on my network using zeroconfServiceBrowser | Tobias Erichsen (tobias-erichsen.de) and the only mDNS entry missing was my Dyson fan.

Big thanks @1400 for your help during troubleshooting.