[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Thanks Peter for an updated howto. But I have to inform you that I don’t get anything near what you get.

After I put in the TEF and read the flow. (Only tryed all Montions TEF so far) and all I get after I read the flow is “Sensors”, “Lights” and “crono-something) which I have installed.

I don’t get anything with Users or anything else.

I have the same problem most of the tef codes work well. But where you have to enter a new name for a timer or stopwatch from Chronograph.
I don’t get any code from that either, if I don’t change that box, it works well.
Then it’s just adjusting the flow again to a new timer.

1 Like

Which TEF goes wrong?

Flow from @Peter_Kawa Device state time logger. It works fine but i can not save a name for the chronograph. I can change it in the flow it self and than it works.

Watercooker als test device i cant change it to this

1 Like

OK Christiaan, I’ll test this to see what’s up with this TEF. Hang on.

Oh, it would be so great when everyone shares the link to the topic post of the TEF they refer to.
To copy the link:

1. Hit the time/date indicator of the post:

1. Or hit the ‘chain’ link icon of the post:

Ah, now I get what you mean. The name of the Chronograph Stopwatch device is just not adjustable at the moment. So for now, change it yourself in the imported flow like you did.

@Arie_J_Godschalk is this a bug, or should Chronograph not be in the App Tokens listing?
When I alter it’s name, the script does not respond and does not create the “Update text”, and the flow can’t be imported (I’ll createt a bitbucket issue for this).
Screenshot from 2022-12-17 21-49-23

It’s about this TEF

2 Likes

That’s just possible data. Only the items used in the flow, and which are adjustable will be
presented, like explained in step 3.

The screenshots are just examples, it is not of the TEF you want to import…

What happens if you proceed and hit “Update Text”, without bothering about the ‘users’ or ‘variables’ stuff above that?
Which TEF are we talking about? Share it pls, and I can try to reproduce.

EDIT Maybe it’s a similar issue as in this post?

1 Like

The TEF’s im trying to import is

Basically all TEF actually. The TEF’s are loading up fine and i can choose lights and sensor.
I did however get it to work if i set Chronograph to “Do not change”

Here are some screenshots.

On this screenshot i dont get anything when Chronograph is set to “Create”

Skärmbild 2022-12-18 082918
Here i change to “Don’t change”
and now i get a script when i hit “Update Text”

So to me it seems to be a problem with Chronograph?

2 Likes

A yes, it’s about this bug

1 Like

Is it possible to show the target number of the slider on top of the slider, not only the tile?

Would it be possible to have several sliders beside each others, make them thinner?

I’m afraid these graphics are generated by Homey and out of developers hands.

1 Like

Ok :frowning:

Maybe Homey will see to such things later as they continue to develop themselves.

1 Like

Indeed, all User Interfaces points are out of the scope of developers.
You can ask Athom tho.

Is it possible to view the pictograms in this list (somewhere on the forum)? Now if I’m looking for something I have to try 80 different pictogram options.

2 Likes

No, because there are more them 2000, not just 80.
Goto the App Settings, there you can customize the 80, and give it names.

2 Likes

Thanks, was not aware of that!

2 Likes

Hello!
Have tried to make on/off button to change logic values. Is it possible?
As if you are at the summer house yes/no or if logic value Yes makes that a heater flow is possible to start if the value goes under X °C

Regards
Christian

It’s possible when you use a little flow set
(But why you want to add a logic variable when you can use the status of the on/off button in your flows?)

When
button is on
Then
set logic variable to Yes

When
button is off
Then
set logic variable to No

1 Like

Both resolved in upcomming release.

1 Like

Hey @DirkG

In the next release (2.8.13), heavy data will not be pre-loaded anymore.
Only when you go into

• AVD → Open Share Your Device.
    Now it starts to preload
  • AVD → When creating from TEF it will load the data.
  • Settings → Export/Import
    When you click on export or import, it will (pre)load.
1 Like

Also, When you have a (in AVD) number with Power Measure with CreateFlowCards on: you get an option: Cumulative: