[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Memory usage after last update from v2.6.61 (ca. 23 MB) to v2.6.68 (ca. 39 MB):

1 Like

After doing something, or just after the update?

Just update.

1 Like

Really like the update!

1 Like

I have just restart my DC App, it wend from 40 to 30 again.

I have spend a lot(!!) of time on the Memory Usage.
The problem is the AthomAPI, i cannot really clear it.
I handle all objects fine, and i even dump all collected info after 10 minutes inactivity, but i cannot Clear the AthomApi usage.

Restarting my Homey now to see if it then is back at 26MB (normal for me after restart).

How does it stay so low?

Last update v2.6.68 @ 23:20 (28 sept)
I’ve 44 AVD’s
Not all drops are update moments

1 Like

22.61MB currently for me after a fresh Homey restart.

Restart your Homey (not just the App), and then check before opening device/app -settings.
It will be way lower.

After an app restart the memory usage is little bit lower. It decreased from ca. 39 MB down to 36 MB.

At the moment I don’t want to restart Homey, but I will continue to watch it.

Because I’m not a pro user like you… :wink:
Actually I have only 4 very simple devices.

1 Like

The problem is in the AthomAPI, that builds up. Not only by me, buth also by using HomeyScript for example. The only way to reduce that, is by clearing the cashing of AthomAPI, and as far as i know: a Homey restart is the only solution.

1 Like

Here, wat i did is install the app normally after a Homey restart. Thats where it’s low.
The i open App Settings and a lott of stuff is loaded through the AthomAPI. That is where it goes to about 40MB.
Now, i only request about 3.5MB data, and even that is removed from cache after 10 minutes inactivity.

Right before 15:50, i start the app Debugging mode, so the 3-4 MB extra is from that.
Then i load the settings and it goes to the same 40MB (always find that straigns).
After a few moments, the requested data is mostly removed from memory, droping it from 37MB to 34MB.

So i start off with 25MB here, i request 3 MB, i goto 40 MB , drop the 3 and than am at about 37MB.
The other 12MB, i cannot dump as far as i know.

Else the would probably solve it for HomeyScript as well?

The red lines are Homey Restarts.

Okay, i did make an adjustment that was disabled, because testing the difference: it makes the base memory usage a bit higher, but the top-memory-usage lower.

Now, still, every 10 minutes of inactivity, the cache is cleared which makes the memory drop a bit, but if you really want it to get to the normal start up MB, you need a full Homey restart, just exactly the same as with HomeyScript or any App that uses the AthomAPI.

Allthough i am fully open to sugestions, i allready tried so many things with DC, HOOP and Watchman, but whenever you request a lott of data through the AthomAPI, like get all actionflowcards, Memory goes up faster then what i use, and you cannot drop/clear the MB’s, even a App restart wil not clear memory alltogether.

Okay, with the change, i start off with about 23 MB and the top is 33MB which drops back after 10 minutes to 29MB.

Best i can do right now.

If i restart homey, it will be a bitt lower all.

The improvements are in live, so let me now @DirkG .
And please let me know how it is after a Homey restart.

And no, for me, a Homey restart is not a permanent solution, i only ask it to try to know the difference.

I normally don’t reboot my Homey, only sometimes for testing/debugging or updates.

Aria, you’re too fast for me… :joy:
My post regarding the higher memory consumption was just an info and not a request to change anything.

But I will let you know how the memory consumption behaves with the new version and after a homey restart.

1 Like

Hey Arie,

I did the update as well, and restarted Homey (which I usually also don’t do).

1 Like

Haha, no worries, it’s just, i am always thinking about the memory usage.
And it drives me crazy that i cannot get it lower.
Like Advanced triggers is just 8MB, JSON also 8MB, Musziek URL Convert is just 9MB.

Now Google services is use the Google Node API, which is very heavy, so 25 for that i don’t mind (you get a lott of functions for it).

But the fact that apps with AthomAPI, when you collect a lott of data, seem to put up all memory usage for all apps using AthomAPI, really irritates me…

It does still drop (as usual with apps with AthomAPI) after about an hour. But that i cannot control:
Last message/post, after that i didn’t do anything. And then it drops after a while.

Okay, take a look at the Test version:

There is the new card: Zone became Active/inactive/both.

You can use the Set Capability Cards and place the Zone ID tag in the ZoneTag field.

1 Like

Also, more Dutch translations, getting ready to create a file to be translated into german again for the AVD exchange and Flow Exchanger.

1 Like

New triggercard in Test:
Device became available/unavailable (optional: Brand, optional: DeviceType)

Very handy, i allready found out that my Gardena lawnmower keeps turning unavailable and then available again, for no apparent reason.

1 Like