[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Spoken too soonšŸ¤—, thought I still should upload icons in advance. See previous adjusted post

1 Like

YEAH!!
Customisable by user Capability Icons :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Version 1.9.8 is in Test:
Goto settings to add/change custom icons, then restart App (must happen after icon changes).
Now you can use that custom icon for capabilities!

1 Like

Cooler than cool, Arie.
One small thingy, when I add an icon to an already used ā€˜Statusā€™, a new ā€˜statusā€™ is created.
I had to select the new Status again @ Status Indicator, and the old status doesnā€™t disappear.
App restart does not change anything

2nd thingy:
I know you automate lots of things, but is it possible to list the capabilities like this:
Status
Textfield1
Numberfield1
Yes/No field1
Button 1
Textfield2
Numberfield2
Yes/No field2
Button 2
ā€¦
Button10
Camera 1
Camera 2

As I donā€™t use more than 1 or 2 capabilities per category, and cameraā€™s very little.
It saves me a lot, a lot of scrolling while setting a device up :hugs::grimacing:

Donā€™t know how other users think about this?

1 Like

I will think about it.

But at the moment, i allready have started to add labels before groups, like with Cameraā€™s.
Thats is gonna be hard when i do it on number based sequence.

What happends if you remove the icon from Status and press save?

First update to 1.9.82, then set icon of status to empty and press save.

1 Like

In Test: 1.9.82, settings screen is improved and bugfixed, and changed icons will change in settingspage to reflect new images.
Also improved explainations.

1 Like

That did the trick!
I selected a status icon after that, and itā€™s OK now.

1 Like

For me it changes a lot, currently only have 1 device, but that already has 7 number string capabilities and 1 Boolean, will (eventually?) have 1 with more number capabilities.

In the past it was possible to (pre) collapse the groups, unfortunately Athom removed it entirely in some previous update.
That would have been the best option IMHO.

1 Like

I didnā€™t knew that Athom had that before, i was gonna request it when i send in my ā€œbugā€ and ā€œmissing featuresā€ list.

1 Like

I thought about that as well, that would be a good solution for me too

1 Like

Selecting a downloaded/created custom icons during adding a virtual device worked, but now I got this error (v1.9.82)

Picking a listed capability icon still works okay.

1 Like

Ah oeps, seconds

Fixed it in 1.9.82, plus more bugfixes.

Also device Class can now be set/changed.

1 Like

I am gonna eat.

If there are any bugs, i would love to hear it.

In the meanwhile iā€™ll start tonight with the translations file etc, get Dutch correct, and everything as much as possible in a translation file, so we can translate into German (and others)

Ha,

Really nice that i can now have my own fully custom ToggleButtons, Buttons, Sensors :slight_smile:

Working on the bugs.

1 Like

@Arie_J_Godschalk
What a great app you have built to get everything out of homey. What I still miss is the calculation card to calculate tag in the card it self.
Without having to store it in a logic.
Even if itā€™s only with number boxes then Iā€™m happy
Here example of VD app what i mean.

is this possible in your app?

2 Likes

Going very well now. :heart_eyes:
Screenshot from 2022-08-29 18-03-08

And dash / mobile app view

And donā€™t laugh about my Homey-ish looking icon :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes