[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Hey Caseda,

Thanks, i’ll be working on it today.

Indeed, i found a couple of way’s to let the Web GUI crash:

• Select On-Off Tab, then open settings and remove the last OnOff button → Crash
  • Select Button Tab, then open settings and remove the last Button/Checkbox button → Crash

I’m first gonna “finish” the device, then report all bugs there are external to Athom.

Indeed, i fully intend to implement all options that were allready available.
It just needs beter structure, because i cannot control the settings while you edit them.
And you cannot check-on “OnOff”, “Disable” and “Hide”.
It’s eather a OnOff, or Disabled or Hidden, you cannot uncheck OnOff while checking Hide.

But appareantly the Indicator Only option was missing, don’t know what happend.

Furthermore: If a device goes wrong becuase of testing changes, don’t delete the device.
Just update to latest version open the device, change one setting (a name for example) and press save.
It will recheck, and if needed, rebuild the capabilities that are incorrect.
On the background, the App and flowcards never communicate real capability ID’s, only internal Field ID’s (like text1, button4, boolean10) so flowcards remain fully functional, even if a capability is deleted by mistake.

1 Like

Actually, could you explain what you want?
I though Hide is what you wanted.

Because a Button with OnOff to No, would create a simple push-button (no on/off).
Is that what you wanted? If so, the option for that is the empty first option or the second “Button” option (both the same).

Eather way, there both coming back, just found the bug why the Indicator Only option is not showing.

Sorry about that m8, indeed, turns out i have a ID hardcoded, so this only works for me.

It was late :wink:

1 Like

Indeed, like i said, i allready had it build.

Apparently i just had the ID’s for the file’s written wrongly (filename instead of file-id).
I’ll work on it today.

1 Like

Version 1.9.77 is in test right now:
Button one has the Indicator Only option, which hides the butten and makes the MainDeviceButton non-responsive to click.

2 Likes

Version 1.9.78 is in test now:
All re-wrting of structure of the settings is done.

I don’t intend to re-write settings, only add to it, so when all bugs are gone and icon’s work correctly (and all else) i can publish to App Store (live).
Will probebly not be today, lott of work to do on the App before its fully bugfixed-tested.

1 Like

Do you mean that after a app restart the error comes again?

I didn’t even think about restarting the app :see_no_evil:, that indeed does fix it.

But no I meant, you can still open the advanced settings without opening the device itself in the webGUI and re-add a name and URL to the camera setting, but the GUI kept crashing after opening the device again.

1 Like

Thanks, i found how you activated the reppeated error in Web.
It’s because i unlinked the image, but i cannot remove the camera-tab in any way :thinking:
I made i so that right now that image is not unlinked, but it stops refresh, and it is not created on restarrt of the app.
Also a notification in settings about this.

Camera is not a real capability in any way. All one does is on the device call the function setCameraImage and tada: there comes a camera-tab.
And unlike capabilities, which can be removed, the camera image cannot.

I allready am keeping a list of “bugs” and missing feature’s for Athom about all findings.
But please, keep reporting any bugs, in DeviceCapabilities or Web/Mobile App.

1 Like

O, fun: i can make it so you can later CHANGE the device icon after creation :slight_smile:

EDIT: Apparently not. :frowning:

1 Like

If anyone currently has icons created through Settings, delete them in Settings before the update!

Else the will remain as invisible trash.
@Le_Cactus and @Peter_Kawa

1 Like

Many thanks again Arie!

1 Like

After that, coming up: customisable capability icons :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations !
The best app in months !

2 Likes

Unfourtunanlty, re-changing the icon cannot be done with a App in Athom Store.
Perhaps i will add it later to HOOP.

Thanks!

Version 1.9.79 is in test: You can select icons or upload an icon during device creation.

1 Like

Yay! You’re a boss, Arie!

Anyone looking for a bunch of .svg device icons: GitHub - athombv/homey-vectors-public: Developers can request vector icons for an Homey App here

1 Like

yep, that is temporarily gonne. You can select a icon during creation of a device.