[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

I guess the following is a Homey firmware issue, but will post it here, nonetheless.

Om Homey2023 it seems impossible to use the “Retrieve the Insights” card to retrieve values from measure_power capability anymore. This was working fine on Homey2016.

Many thanks for this invaluable Swiss army app!

1 Like

Yeah, im still waiting for the powersupply before i solve specific hp2023 issues, but thanks for reporting :wink:

Found an edge case issue, when 1 of the devices with reflect tries to reflect a capability that was changed/deleted by the other app/device making the “eigenschap” field empty/invalid, it will put pretty much all virtual devices (not just the affected) unavailable with the message cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value'), but only after the app has rebooted.

After fixing the affected capability input, you need to reboot the app again to make all devices available again.

1 Like

Thanks, i knew abput the bug-result, but thanks for the bug-source!
Saves me a lott of time!

As soon as the poweradapter is here, i’ll pick up support!

Actually now thinking about it, additional info if other people get it before being fixed.
It is all devices that are added after the affected device that are unavailable too, was just coincidence it was the same device for me I’ve tried to reproduce it on, and being pretty much the first device.
So if you open the app in the mobile app settings, it is the first device that is unavailable that is causing it.

1 Like

No RPI nor any more powerfull charger Arie ? :wink: Or just choosing shorted cable might help.

1 Like

Question about: wh-Basement test

@Arie_J_Godschalk

When updating the status, the AVD generates motion. How do I stop that?
HP2019

TEF:

[tef:FLOWS:"H4sIAAAAAAACA91ZTW8byRH9K8Sc1U5/f/C2i91DDraDrJEgMAShurtaGoDkCORIXser/57qGVIhx5R3tJa9SHwwh5yemq5Xr6petT41/+42uHvX/R1vV5CwWX5quCtRF5NZ4DowHZJl0WZgyUeZBRdog6zrNrCm9c2PsMM1bvrFDlbdpnl4uGhyve2lFS4mZGCdYTqShSgxM+WMF8BV4tEOZsjG64+LRzO3W9zhhrZy0SS61fU3uKXrvq6FFWzXV+uub+lN+2f/0W77O1gt9r8OK5vYdSsE2g1tBu/bhAluIbartm9xd9Xjr/2r+p88GHnXrnGxgt3J66uhXb9tN9fkVfULmuX7T01LP2tbkvVCMFUQK0aKgUzAcuAiZMXppiUL1fSHG/boW4+7fvTrU4M6KmUUoUIAMa2FZSGFyEoSLhcXXVADjr82S37RfGyWwtNnRxZvujV+XNbALWfF6mLYMqS+vT+4RV5dXw+47sinphjpjQvA0GdyxxZkPmBgIIwRBUBrm5pLQkAgOIjGMxkgMk2O0qYLMI2+iBIKWOX2mw58v217su01bIDevCyr7sN+Z7fb7noL6zX0bbra7+xqBP6qh+v9luv+h/hCfcHwOH22hFFTePRZZsNCkLQrrQhKYS0zWUB2mUOKqkZjJOzfXv9STX68rV8g3wNFO1em7GN9ROmK8eLNz/9cvH777q9v3ywWn46i+bDIGO+uB8ZjjNk7IZmyshCARjNASMy6yG2MPDuHe1yEHnEx+gSXkabLWVkzwnY/En988GqH/dWB9RPAaogvD7i1uMqPwO0fEP8F57NsyrhL2/Z2zLjmX7j7y5tuISpch7ct++0dXjTrLlcDG0rYMWPoWe5lFISFKZE4Qhxj0cXCuPI5pBS0136PipYjKsPnsPvNxwM7uUtJZpAsa0OZ4gtn4BVnFOIiBRgwsdDamk/BY2HOKVom6IEgNDCpQWiMpQgbaJkpwgEvgUWuJVlznAWwnkVKJCk9RAm8LvPIldaZeREz00AZHhRylj2nT0Vx9dUax6C08JZZDGStKMEgEg9SUEUTLTGqRMuiMpTmPrGkgaxFej0QZxmRQygjlM28jAnGo5JgqbDwWhVQChYNlQYQXqKUVqODaYJx/j2Z1PhgkveqMGEC1RwRHQOqeVQSdERbYvAgm2/JtwKr3XnCzWLKiJ7TB/QOjMu4gkfOzYrDwcnxydpK7taRquqyqeVmfbfq29tVW38QQ/9QXGYe6qZMtpQPSBXLyFzfEbw0kYg5VIl7WN2dBSd1q66av94i1u+PvUFVCnxoc3/TLDd3q9VFc4Pt9U1/+NaPQOGAoypZWZdZotpExEiFBZs1ywg8g/MOs59QTNsXZ1htv+cr+wlj6rIjuvwE/ed9+pQy7+iJkTDDK5bN+/ennSdtu81vmQxdXg6kmVU3Tkmj/RnOPM0GfpYNRiv01J+ZTcQznbBWGGFYVsl4KwpqnKa68l8Zh26S0g8z6+HEff4C7lsdhUi8vi2T+75eWdQVduRJa7qlJ+5b/11o+HS/HDXjIxvPqsYzbJS/x8aeDO3ZOKvvnIbDnGNjkwgJW/mkAnGbuJxZpAxnoEmoeeuK+2IFE2eDliIabajiJ0i0O2MiAzfUxoxVzGaSOpOgyW+v/4gsknsOTBlJFQ0c1WlSrQytBOpWPKQsjvXfD7+j/44l++PF/auxDC92PfR3u+XiEMln0PC34wHm8vLVRE+OPWyOojglgHqJfJSmQOE5MWoINAMAbR04FQObpNTZ0UBhpqEVUv7fa1iP0oEInhWkIGjygHnNSfI4V4SOwKWWp2Oa+NpmeUiBU3DiXd8/lu/J/DYrdk/AN5g9Go9+qHNibbNPwPfj8MBCVfj2eFHcRqwghuxobnSS5KEWtaMFyRl3CMXarLwoJ1jpr1Wux/l0VWN4Hp9Zg0iV3yqHYkElxrP2NN9KR5M1TZLBBEfDtQoS0iQJwsur77HCXHUD5LDaJ+65MjhpKs8pRV88F6FmdNFssVBbu1l3tGCYdJ/OEhVMTsZGJqACDDFSMyfh7A01LERjkhKTohXO6u5ZAXhu17KKe5MjDSsqaZrOqa5GEzJzmqwaWZxKn51aCP4/d2zBTv+dnmL89PbNz0+fX8ya6SaDkzgfQJpqtCIjSUXqxSYQC7l2rOhMrJBFe4PPHpwgUPy9kYwGqFrfqNUPyrmk4kjdkID105HF+ReO3/Pp+U2D/Qv2PV3t1cii7xZVRD4ZYKekkSrX40Ua9XQJwIKLiiWjdIgmRcHLBEFjvwWCs2T/d0Ww/0zFP4nirGOc0zTx57RZY0iyUS32LDmgTmmUYT57xXxKzgNpi+j4s8ucQiqzpOyZGwZ7axPFmEYHEi5Qp1jQ7lDm5NEZ5HjMDdv+sLlZh5lDt7RCCUVjCnhbI0LDRrC8UNuhUcCQ7EB7kIxCfXkcoGbSljZBpcpuT6+0RdIhV8e3vtQE/1TVDoJgUlRASxgaoKR5OibLHLU544xTWuIUCqG/FRTPP8Ce9ReASQM4O3bOAuK5s8msWXaCrnlRdJ9fu/ah+ANVZlZxOHi7z2RnX9zbZ/W6ibczu9IssTDxVHD/0q5OnPgKHVUszTjKE1KFm6o0oXarzAxw+kFRFTXm+IT33U27WyTY5sU1bnBbxy7YD14EXnd05Lul7jUc+I5D90FAzzrzfXi4fPgPW+YlreodAAA=":/tef]
1 Like

When I create a new device as speaker. How can I change/update the image of the track that is playing?

Is it possible to use an image stored on a NAS?

1 Like

Well dennis, i am not sure, now that you mention it, it might be i never implemted the image specificly :slight_smile:
I’ll check.

If all goes well, Atlassian is fixing the create-ticket-issue today.
It turns out, that some anti-spam-feature, hidden from me, was activated for my Homey project (containing all app repositories).
So, tickets can than be create again. Ill let you know.

Well, i just don’t wanna waist me time on a poweradapter that might be insufficient, i have much (other) stuff todo, so im just waiting for everyone to get the correct poweradapter, to make sure i don’t waist anymore time on random bugs.
That already cost me way more days support than i would have liked :wink:

I have quite some support, so the next Homey-days need to be very efficient.

2 Likes

Foei Arie.

Just joking. I was looking and looking for the right way to get a custom image to show. After about 2 hours trying, I just thought I ask Arie.

Hope there is a way. But no rush. Everything comes when it comes.

1 Like

That makes sense, however I believe that not everyone get correct power-adapter (eg. assuming I even did not receive that mail :wink: ) … also btw, getting under-voltage issue on original Raspberry 4 power supply…just AFTER I used shorter cable (in combination with Ethernet adapter), all is fine. So while I fully understand, the light we see at the end of the tunnel, is just train :wink:

Luckily, community has now app sysInternals app so I would say it would be mandatory to submit any diag logs only in case everyone see there just OK! everywhere (no under-voltage, no overheating, no YES anywhere… but some people are not capable of reading ;-( )

2 Likes

Hey @Sharkys ,

Indeed, i understand that not al issues will be solved than, and also, that i could create a work around for myself.
However, this would cost me extra time, which i just don’t have.
I have put to much time and effort in homey the last few months, and need to prioritise my time. That’s why i am waiting for the adapters and then plan on a few highly efficient homey-days.
Plus, i am waiting for bitbucket/atlassian to resolve the create-ticket-issues (which turned out to be a spam-protection from there side, and while the said it was fixed, it still isn’t as far as i can tell. I am still in contact with them).

And i do fix immidient support where needed, when the fix can only be implemented on my side.
But all new features or bugs that have work around, the have to wait for a little while.

After i resolve my personal/ real-life “issues” and my work is less demanding, and the many mails with crappy crash reports stop comming in like crazy, than i’ll handle new support and features the way people are used to from me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Arie_J_Godschalk , you misunderstood me - at least DC is working fine for me on HP2023 so no issues as tall, just saying , power supply is just one of many issues HP2023 currently have :wink: But if you are just waiting for power supply and not the under hood errors to be fixed, it’s win:win :wink:

Thank you for all your fantastic work you are doing and remember - real life first !

3 Likes

How is the chronograph reflection working? I’m trying to get the value of a countdown timer into a device i created in device capabilities. Have tried reflecting it both in number field, text and status. Never gets updated :frowning:

1 Like

Do you have it enabled in the DC appsettings?

yes. I’m using the new Homey Pro 2023 for the record

Okay, anonymous access to create tickets is still an issue, but when you ahve an BitBucket/Atlassian account, you now should be able to create tickets.

Can someone verify this for me?
Perhaps @Peter_Kawa or @Sharkys ?

Atlassian message:

Hi Arie,

Thank you for your patience.

As we mentioned earlier that we have added the workspace to the exceptions list. This means that users who are not part of the workspace can now create issues without any issues. It means if a user has an Atlassian account, they can create an issue even if they are not a member of the workspace.

However, it is important to note that anonymous users cannot create issues in any workspace at this time, as this feature has been disabled due to an ongoing problem with spammers creating issues in bulk on public trackers.

To clarify, if a user who is logged in with their Atlassian account is trying to create an issue, it should work perfectly fine.

Make sure that any user who’s trying to create an issue should have an Atlassian account.

If any of your users outside the workspace are still facing issues with creating issues after logging in to their Atlassian accounts, please let me know, and I will assist you further.

Not sure if I understand Arie - do you mean if it’s possible to create issue when logged in ?
Log in with Atlassian account works for me, just logged via Google authentication, as anonymous it’s not possible.

1 Like

Any more tips?

1 Like