[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

I know, there is a bug in it, the issue is resolved in the current test version which is allready submitted for review.

Sorry m8!

1 Like

Ok, I updated the app this morning to the last stable version v2.9.13. I had no problems with version v2.9.11. So I will install the current test version.

Btw, the changelog in the App Store is completely empty.

1 Like

Old news Dirk :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Hey Cactus, if you still need the picker, let me know!

1 Like

I would cheer for this feature :slight_smile:

The Picker?

It’s available, you just need to send it to me and i’ll add it:

Arie any link please , we can check and avoid it ourselves? Doesn’t sound right if developer like you would not see a workaround on this…we are then … :screwdriver:ed

You’re app is fine if you want, just remove BLL coding from it and publish.

1 Like

It’s perfectly possible to work around it. Trivial, even.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the problem(s)…
Why does an app rely on another (not optional)? Why not building a dedicated library used in all the apps needing similar functionality? So like npm does, too.

3 Likes

Please stop FUD’ing.

This wasn’t done to spite you, or as a reaction to your apps, you only found out about this change that has been present in HP2023 since the very beginning.

In short: the onInit() of an app cannot take more than 30 seconds. This has to do with app lifecycle management and how apps on the HP2023 are run (inside Docker containers).

It’s not documented yet, because the SDK is still in flux, but because the previous error message (CreateClientTimeout) wasn’t very descriptive and useful it was changed to what it’s now showing.

I’m pretty much the last person to defend Athom, but I can see they’re working extremely hard to get to a stable firmware, and your drama is just misguided.

2 Likes

If it’s not trivial, I fully understand that and also yours frustration, just surprised after what you have achieved seeing how you are giving up - but you very well know your app code so just hope that Robert is right here (even doing it"his" way)

1 Like

Can someone suggest, why those triggers doesn’t work for me ?

obrazek

obrazek

The device itself updates it’s values fine and well as insights… any suggestions ?

1 Like

No, it should work as i see it. Send me a diag?

I thought maybe I’m doing something wrong…thank you, diag sent. I even tried just on Trigger and then simply send me value - never got triggered, not sure why…

1 Like

Hi Arie!
Not sure if already asked, but what is the “text” tag for in the retrieve card? Seems not returning anything.

1 Like

Hey Anders,

Well, i guess you are right, since there are (currently) no text/string insights, i guess text will never be filled.
ill fix it when i have a DC day/moment: QlusterIT / nl.qluster-it.DeviceCapabilities / issues / #28 - Remove Text token from Retrieve insights. — Bitbucket

2 Likes

Thank you very much Arie for adding the picker:

Working like a blaze! I use it for heating and for lights.

• Heating: when person leaves the room, and automatic, turn off the IR panels.
  • Lights: Automatic = switch on if there is zone activity; switch off a little while after zone activity ends.
1 Like

You’re welcome Roger!

Keep the lists coming, that way we will get a good long lists of default pickers and lists to pick a list from :slight_smile:
(Pun intended)

2 Likes

DC moment :laughing:

1 Like