[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

I would believe the Daikin rep if I was you.

Daikin AI does NOT make use of the cloud.

Ok, thanks. But you literally just contradicted yourself. If Daikin AI does not use Daikin cloud to operate, then I see no reason why this wouldn’t work. I guess the only way to find out is to buy an adapter and return it if attempt fails.

@Sierra

:thinking:

I was talking about you telling me to listen to daikin representative, when they clearly don’t know what I was talking about and trying to get me to purchase some third party adapter that they distribute.

Hallo ik zit met een BRP069c4x en dat lukt niet met de Daikin al app. Is er een andere manier om de airco toch aan de homey toe te voegen ? Mijn andere 2 airco’s doen het wel perfect met deze app. Mvg Alexander

@Alexander_Manhaeghe Please note that this is the English part of the forum…

Daikin AI does not support C4x adapters and never will… a new App is in development, search the forum for Onecta.

Daikin cloud airco news
Good news for owners of a Daikin Cloud (‘C4x’ adapter) airco, an app is available since today in Homey’s Appstore see Daikin ONECTA App for Homey | Homey.

Note: with this new Homey app it is also possible to controle airco’s with a type ‘A’ or ‘B’ adapter. Before you can use this new Homey app with your non cloud airco you have to connect your non cloud airco to the cloud. To do this download the official Daikin Onecta app from the Google Playstore / Apple App Store. Install the app, create an Daikin account, upgrade as necessary the airco’s firmware etc, confirm the airco can be controlled from the Onecta app. When all is working fine, install the new Homey Onecta app on your Homey and add your non cloud airco.

Do take in consideration before switching to the new app that the Homey Daikin Onecta app is just released, some functionality might not (yet) be available or even supported (yet) by Daikin cloud.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the ONECTA app isn’t available in my region and I happen to be using Daikin air conditioner units with the C4x adapters… any idea if the new app has any plans to support them without using the ONECTA app?

Sorry, but Daikin AI wil not support C4x adapters.

Dear All,
I have a Daikin AP34090 and it works fine with this app. thanks for that!

Switching it on and changing settings works fine - BUT via Homey it is impossible to switch OFF the air conditioning. When switching to “off” nothing changes and it jumps back to “on”. Is this a known issue and/or how can i fix it?

Airco model does not ring a bell….

Which version of Daikin AI do you use? What is the WiFi adapter model? When did you pair your airco for the fist time?

Thank you for your response. I’ve been looking for the information, it’s:
Outdoor unit: RXM35M
Indoor unit: FDXM35f9 and
Wifi unit: BRP069B41

First time pairing the device was March 2020

hope you can say something meaningful about this!

Aha that is a skyair/ducted airco, well these are not supported by Daikin AI sorry, [APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Suggestion… give the Daikin Onecta app a try [APP] [Pro and Cloud] Daikin ONECTA

The Homey ONECTA app is there, hope your happy and can control also your living room now.
As promised when do i get the crate of beer :slight_smile:

a good donation is also appriciated

Totally missed it. Gonna check it out and will let you know :slight_smile:

Daikin AI version v5.2.1 is out since a couple of weeks now…, however I do still see quite some users sticking to version v5.1.x.

I do advice all users to upgrade to v5.2.1, especially those users that are running Homey firmware version 8.

Hi!
Just got a Homey Pro today, and have a Daikin floor model FVXM 35 with the Onecta app.
The onecta app works in Homey, but i don’t get to report energy use from the app to Homey’s energy.
Any fix? or should i use the Daikin AI app instead?
Thanks !

The way energy consumption monitoring is implemented by Daikin is not compatible with Homey. Real-time energy monitoring is for that reason not available in my app (Daikin AI).

By the way if you are using the Homey Daikin Onecta app you are posting in the wrong thread…

1 Like

@someSwedishuser… if Daikin AI lost the connection with your airco then check the IP of your airco versus the one you have configured in the app (which is 192.168.86.107). According to the user manual (first post in this thread) you should use a FIXED IP.

Hi,

First of all, thank you for a great app!

I have two flows, one will turn off the ac when it measures an inside temp of above 26C, and back on when it measures below 22. The flows are triggered by “Inside temperature has changed”.

This has worked well until recently, but lately, the trigger does not work when the ac is switched off. Manually triggering the flow, will restart the ac.

I recently updated the ac firmware to 1.14.78, but not sure if this was the reason why.

Has anyone else experienced that the temperature change trigger does not work anymore when ac is switched off?

Best regards,

Eirik