[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Besides changing the temp… do you also set the operating mode to anything else than ‘OFF’ ?

I tried to change also the mode, but it is the same.

Here is the report number :

Thank You for your help.

No report in my email nor in the app developers portal. Please try again…

Sorry, I did a general homey report.

Here is the good number : 7ca20638-3ca0-4aa3-88ca-2988a6799147

Thank you for your help,

Nicolas

Got it… from the log my guess is that you pressed every button and function in the app for both devices :slight_smile: Well that is not very useful when troubleshooting… Stick to a simple scenario, like… turn off streamer, Econo or Powerful mode on both your devices… then just select cooling or heating on 1 of your airco’s and when it sets itself OFF turn it ON once again and create a diagnostic report. Thx.

Here is the second report :
aa5f6f9d-2588-45ab-98c3-38d198044873

I restarted the Daikin AI app on homey,
Then changed the operation mode of « Clim salon »
To cooling,
Then I waited it turn off itself, and I did the same thing once again.

:slight_smile:

Well I still see streamer mode enabled… I suggest that you remove one off the two airco’s from Daikin AI. Turn off all special modes of both your airco’s using the Onecta app. Remove all automation for the airco’s in the onecta app. Wait a couple of minutes…. The repeat the simple test scenario for the 3rd time thx.

Ps Even better to remove both airco’s from Daikin AI, install just 1 without enabling the special modes.

Good afternoon. Today, a Preffera floor unit has been installed in my house. I wanted to add it to Homey, but everytime I try do so, it gives an error. Could it be that this model isn’t supported in this app?

And here is the 3rd report :slight_smile:

01eca731-4b58-4602-b242-30548b348c1d

Thank you.

Read the forum and you’ll find the answer :wink:

Well it beats me why the airco is turning itself off.

Delete the airco, and install again but now using the HomeKit driver.

Unfortunately no changes :confused:
I’m gonna update the unit tomorrow with the ONECTA app.
I will try also to fix the IP to see if it can change something.

Remove the airco’s, then uninstall Daikin AI, power cycle Homey, reinstall Daikin AI and add airco again (without the special functions). Sorry but I am clueless what is going on.

What is your airco model?

I have one Ctxa15aw and one ftxa35aw.
Both have brp069b4x.

I’m gonna try your manipulation tomorrow :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Okay it is working now :slight_smile:
I did the update of the unite, then uninstall Daikin AI, then reboot homey, and added the airco :slight_smile:
Thank for your advices,

Best regards,

Nicolas

1 Like

@Homey_Lampje

Hello! I was going to purchase a wifi adapter for my Daikin ACs to implement them into Homey, but I decided to message Daikin support first and ask them which adapter is compatible with my units.

I do not live in EU or USA and was told by a representative that Daikin has no cloud servers in my country, therefore I wouldn’t be able to use adapter models that are supported in your app. Instead I was offered some official third party adapters: DW01-B, DW11-B, DW02-B and DW01-DCNW (Daichi), as well as KLIC-DD (KNX) или RTD-RA (Modbus). Additionally I was told that models BRP069 have a closed API and it’s impossible to integrate into third party controllers. I’m just trying to figure this out and hope that you can point me the right way :slight_smile:

Also, do I really need to have access to Daikin cloud servers in order use supported adapter models, since I won’t be using daikin app, but will use homey and this app instead? I’m so confused.

Hi @Sierra

Daikin AI uses local WiFi (airco<>Homey), airco’s that connect to the Daikin cloud are not supported by Daikin AI.

If your airco can be controlled with my app I cannot tell. What is the model number of the airco?

Ps did you took a look at the Sensibo app?

My Daikin models are:
Daikin ATXN20M6 / ARXN20M6
Daikin ATXN50MB / ARXN50MB

I’m not sure, I think that Daikin representatives might be misinforming me regarding the cloud thing, because if I will use it with homey, I don’t see how daikin cloud would be necessary in order for it to work.

I’m just trying to figure this out before I buy wifi adaptors and make sure it will work. And no, I haven’t tried sensibo app since I don’t own a sensibo device. I only found out that Daikin has wifi adaptors just now and figured it’s the best way to go since I will be able to use it with Homey and have actual status report in the app. Right now I use Broadlink rf transmitter to control my ACs and it works but not ideal since I don’t get any status feedback or flows.

I’m sorry for taking your time and asking so many questions :slight_smile:

Hi Alex, can’t tell if the suggested adapter will work. A model for European market that seems related to the one you have, including installation video’s for the wifi adapter, you’ll find in the link provided below.

https://www.daikin.eu/en_us/products/atxm-m.html

By looking at the images, it doesn’t seem to look like the ACs that I have…
Could you at least let me know if what daikin representative told me about their cloud service being unavailable in my country could affect anything if I’m going to use your app with Homey to control it?
I might just order one and return it if it fails, I’d just like to know if it’s even worth a try and my time.

Below are images of my units, maybe that will give you any idea. I removed a sticker from a smaller one, but the big one still had to so I took a photo of it as well.