[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Ahhh thanks

The shelly 2 is now ā€œobsoleteā€. Itā€™s replaced by a new version, the Shelly 2.5.

They work out of the box with homey? Apparently it does not have many changes at the functionality level.

The API documentation has not been updated but looking at the product page it seems to be a hardware revision and it should indeed just work out of the box.

1 Like

Thanks for the app! I installed the first Shelly1 yesterday to make sure nobody would kill the zigbee light in the bathroom. Used Shelly without input/output to just switch the light through Homey.

However due to the minimal polling frequency of 5s, there is sometimes a delay in switching the light. Since I toggle the light with a PIR, itā€™s sill better than killing the light all together. However for other applications it might be less desirable.

Iā€™m guessing the limitation in polling is to prevent too much polling traffic? Is there another way to make it behave more snappy?

Polling is only done to keep the device in Homey in sync with the actual device when it is controlled manual or through the Shelly app. When the Shelly device is controlled using Homey any command is sent instantly.

If you experience any delay, either your PIR is slow in detecting motion, Homey is slow in handling the PIR motion event or your network is slow when Homey sends the HTTP request to switch the Shelly1 on. Either way, itā€™s unrelated to any polling done by the Shelly app.

Itā€™s actually that sync that makes it slow I think. Probably I havenā€™t explained my setup properly: thereā€™s no physical connection between Shelly and the Tradfri lamp. So forget about the PIR for now, that bit works as it should and is fast. But when the light is already on for example, pressing the switch triggers the Shelly. Based on the status change in Homey I switch the light off. This to prevent cutting power from a ZigBee light.

Ok, with this setup you are indeed limited by the polling frequency. You can either reduce the minimum of 5 seconds and see what this does to the performance of Homey and your WiFi network. I can tell what needs to be changed in the code and you would have to do a CLI install. Best would be to fork my Github repo so you can also keep up to date with new changes.

Other option would be to use the MQTT service that Shelly is providing and use the MQTT client app on Homey to watch for changes.

Thanks, didnā€™t think about MQTT. Will look into that!

Just to add: got MQTT up and running and that works great. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

v1.6.0- 2019-02-27

• NEW: add support for Shelly RGBW2 controller in both RGBW color and 4x white mode

Thanx to glennhmjoat and edsallo (GitHub user names) for donating enabling me to buy this device and built support.

3 Likes

Hi.
I have added a Shelly 1 and then later on I removed it. Now I would like to add it again, but I canā€™t as I get the [duplicate_device] error. How can I fix this?

Are you sure it has been removed? This error can only occurs if the device is still present or not properly removed. You can check this from the app page and see if the device is still present. Something else to try is removing and risking reinstalling the app again.

It is not present in the app. I thought about removing the app starting over, but I have 20 Shelly 1ā€™s, so I will have to plan it :wink: I will give it a go.

try removing it again with the device you want to remove powered off, ive found this works some times

I removed the app and reinstalled everything. That worked though I had to install all 20 again :wink:

Great app. Thank you for the good work :slightly_smiling_face:
Any plans for supporting the Shell HT devices?

Not as of yet. But I can consider it if requested. Do you own a Shelly H&T and are you willing to test (through command line). I donā€™t own the device myself.

Yes. I have one, so Iā€™ll happily do the testing. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have pushed a release of the Shelly app with a Shelly H&T driver to GitHub. Let me know your findings. The driver still has the Shelly 1 icon as device icon until I receive a proper Shelly H&T icon.