[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Note: Yes, I have tried to reboot both the Homey and the Shellys multiple times, I have tried pressing the little button on the Shelly to get it to wake up before attempting to add it in the Homey.

1. I have configured my router to assign static IPs to the Shelly devices as well as the Homey Pro.

Sidenote:
I just thought of something though, during the pairing process, does the Homey need to be close to the Shelly, as in making a direct connection between them? Currently the Shelly is connected to a mesh satellite and the Homey is connected by cable to the main router, could that interfere somehow?

Also:

ā€œā€¦check the outbound websocket setting in the deviceā€¦ā€

How? I cannot find anything like that in the Shelly App

No, the Shelly and Homey both need proper WiFi signal though.

I just noticed this is a first generation device. You need to check the coap peer setting. Probably under the network settings. Itā€™s all described in the first post.

I just noticed this is a first generation device. You need to check the coap peer setting. Probably under the network settings. Itā€™s all described in the first post.

Sounds reasonable, Iā€™m gonna check the webinterface for my shellys when I get home from work, perhaps they are still configured for the old non-static IP for my Homey before I actually changed everything to static (since they were actually connected properly back then)
Thanks, Iā€™ll post an update later :+1:

Ok, so I finally got to adding one of them now,

1. I went to the ā€œAdvanced - developer settingsā€ and set the ColoT peer to the static IP of my Homey Pro.
    That didnā€™t help.

2. I turned off cloud.
    Still nothing.

3. I removed the gateway (which was set to the IP of the main Mesh router)
    Now it connected!

I was about to rant about not receiving any data but just now I got an updated reading, so it works now (fingers crossed)

Phew, that was NOT an easy thing, is this whole smart home thing really supposed to be this troublesome? There is just no way that someone who isnā€™t a geek by choice would manage to pull this off or even have the stamina to research this. Shit, I spent like 3 days now trying to get a freakin temperature sensor working. (which is supposed to be working out of the box with Homey)
Iā€™m starting to regret my choice of going down the smart home rabbit hole already, and I just started last weekendā€¦ :open_mouth:

Anyway, thanks for the assistance. Now Iā€™m off to trying the get "#! google home to behave and allowing me to open the chicken coop door (marked ā€œWorks with google homeā€) I purchased which apparently canā€™t be opened through automation due to ā€œsecurity reasonsā€, sigh.

You picked the wrong device to start with. This battery operated WiFi device of the first generation can be a little tricky.

1 Like

Shelly Plus 2PM - Installs as 2 devices in Homey pro, and the last device does not reconnect to homey after long power outage. All other devices, included switch 1/device 1 reconnects, and all devices reconnects to shelly cloud. I have to delete both Shelly Plus 2PM devices in Homey and reinstall to get connected. It will not reconnect if I only delete the disconnected device. I have tried rebooting and power cycling. Any advice?

Delete both device and re-pair will most likely fix it.

Yes, I did. But then I have to delete them every time they lose power. Very inconvenient.

If stuff doesnt work after loosing power you probably didnt assign static IP addresses within your network (as instructed in the pairing and troubleshoot instructions). Itā€™s not related to how the app or Homey functions.

The ā€œtwo devicesā€ (one Shelly Plus 2PM) have the same IP address and only one of them reconnects.

Please explain what reconnects mean. If a device can not be reached it will show as unreachable. Do you mean the second device will stay unreachable in Homey even if the first device becomes online again?

Yes, the second device stay unreachable in Homey, but is online in the Shelly app (cloud). The first device works perfectly both in Homey and in Shelly app.

Ok, Iā€™ll fix it with the next release.

Thank you that would be very helpful.

Iā€™m configuring and calibrating my new Shelly Wave Shutters together with the ā€œdumb motorā€ screens weā€™ve bought. So far so good.

When clicking the ā€œcompletely closeā€ button in the Homey interface, the screen only goes down for 5.2 seconds. My guess is that this is related to the setting as shown in the screenshot attached.

The description states the value is in seconds, but I think this value is in deca-seconds (1/10th of a second)?

Not according to the Shelly knowledge base: Wave Shutter (EU)

Itā€™s weird though that all time-related parameters get an argument in 1/100th of a second, but not this one.

Yeah. I checked a spreadsheet with parameters that I was given by Allterco Robotics and it says seconds as well. But Iā€™ll ask them.

1 Like

Hi! Is there any way to see the position of the roller shutter/blind here?

Does not appear in the ā€˜Status Indicatorā€™ dropdown