[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Ha, indeed I configured the 2 inputs as a button directly coupled with a shelly on/off and a shelly DIM-0-10 (dimming a HF ballast, single-press, double-press, long press etc. to control fixed staged of brightness).

I guess, now I have to control the brightness via Homey based on the length I press the “switch” (which is in fact a button) and have to think about brightness UP/DOWN. Maybe pressing both to reverse UP/DOWN and just pressing the brightness goes UP (or DOWN).

Thanks Phuturist! Most appreciated

If the Bluetooth device is within range of one of these devices I don’t really know. The behavior you are describing is usually the behavior when a Shelly BLU device is only connected to Homey and no proxy devices are near.

Is there any way to see which Shelly the Blue Motion used for transmission?

I think these settings are all correct otherwise, aren’t they?

Not without altering the script and/or running the Shelly app on Homey from the command line. There are some basic instructions in the first post on how to troubleshoot the BLE proxy script. You could check that. The Shelly BLU is not “connected” to a plus/pro device. Any plus/pro device with the BLE script runs an active Bluetooth scan and will send received BLE advertisements from Shelly devices to Homey.

Can the Shelly Blu Smart H&T Sensor be connected with Homey via the WIFI connected Shelly H&T Gen3?

No. Battery operated device sleep most of the time.

OK, thanks

Is there any information how the Shelly H&T Gen3 behaves above 40°C?

Probably not good as 40C is the registered as the maximum working temperature.

Blockquote
Coming back on the Shelly I-4 icw the Homey Flow-cards.

The I-4 seems to work fine and is correctly paired with Homey. In my configuration, I have 2 “pulse drukkers” connected to inputs 1 and 2.When pressing one of them, I see the I-4 inputs being activated in Homey.

The I-4 is configured as “switch” (configured as “button” I don’t see the inputs in Homey).

In this set-up I can not use the “IF” action event and input “changed” flowcard?
Or in other words, what to do to be able to make use of the “action-event” card?

It’s quite simple. A switch only has an onoff state which doesn’t support action event. A button allows to register events like single, double and long press. If you want to use that you need to configure those inputs as buttons on the Shelly. And yes, you won’t see inputs under Homey when configured as button as buttons do not track input state (but you could track the output for that).

ive tried the action event trigger card under the devices, but cant seem to make them work to activate a flow. Has anyone been able to do it?

Clear; I got it working. Thx!!

Added a few Shelly HT gen 3 but they don’t seem to send values to Homey. They work fine in the Shelly app and I had no problem adding them to Homey. Any ideas?

Yes, you need to wait for the values to change as battery operated devices are not polled (because they sleep most of the time)

Ah Yes of course but its been a couple of days

Follow the troubleshooting guide and make sure the outcome websocket has been set correctly.

My bad, I figured it out. I had the Shelly devices on a different vlan than homey, can’t remember why atm but as these don’t get triggered for info they were not allowed to talk back. Easily fixed in the Firewall settings.

I have 3 Shelly H&T that i just can’t get to work no matter what I do so I need help figuring out what I’m doing wrong…

At first, I managed to add all of them straight away by simply updating the firmware to latest version (which required them to be battery operated instead of USB for some reason)

But after 1 day or so, I stopped receiving data in the Homey Pro, I then started troubleshooting and found this post, so I thought I’d do everything by the book and removed them from the Homey and started from scratch.

1. I have updated the firmware of the Shelly devices to latest version.
  2. I have configured my router to assign static IPs to the Shelly devices as well as the Homey Pro.
  3. I have ticked the box that says “Static IP” in the Shelly App, using the same IP as in my router for each device.
  4. The Shellys are all converted to USB and I have ticked the box “External Power” in the Shelly App.
  5. I can see the devices in the Shelly App (and they are working just fine, receiving updates every 5 mins or so) and my router pickes up that they are indeed connected to my local network.

Note: Yes, I have tried to reboot both the Homey and the Shellys multiple times, I have tried pressing the little button on the Shelly to get it to wake up before attempting to add it in the Homey.

What else is there to do?
When I go to Homey Pro → Add Device → Shelly → "Any Shelly WiFI device → Connect → Continue → It says no device found but I can add them manually through IP adress, I type in my IP-adress and hit connect and then nothing happens. If I hit “Test Connection” i get a read error text saying:
“TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘data’)”

Make sure you keep the device awake during discovery and pairing by pressing it’s button. After it has been discovered and paired check the outbound websocket setting in the device to make sure that points to the IP address of Homey (which should be static in your router as well).

Using manual pairing is only for advanced users and not a solution for devices not being discovered. Don’t use it.